• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired FS: Custom Aluminum QIII Heat Sink

Mirage_Man

Flashlight Enthusiast
Edit 11/6:

Made a few more if anyone needs some. These have a counter bore on the back to allow for both stock and Flupic Drivers. I believe the Q3 might make a good host for the new Cree. Price is $10 each shipped.

sm_DSC00498.jpg

MM

Last edited:

Mirage_Man

Flashlight Enthusiast
myk said:
Will this fit in a 301X-3?

Thanks

myk,

The answer is, I don't know. If someone can confirm that the stock heatsink is the same for both then it will.

If you have a set of calipers and take yours out and measure it for me I'll tell you for sure. Heck I can custom make one for you even if it doesn't with the correct dimensions.

MM

myk

Enlightened
Mirage_Man said:
myk,

The answer is, I don't know. If someone can confirm that the stock heatsink is the same for both then it will.

If you have a set of calipers and take yours out and measure it for me I'll tell you for sure. Heck I can custom make one for you even if it doesn't with the correct dimensions.

MM

MM,

Non issue - I may end up sending you my 301X-3 I just bought to have you completely outfit it as with the silver I need everything but the HA that you're offering in the other thread

thank you for the response

Mirage_Man

Flashlight Enthusiast
myk said:
MM,

Non issue - I may end up sending you my 301X-3 I just bought to have you completely outfit it as with the silver I need everything but the HA that you're offering in the other thread

thank you for the response

Sorry, but I will not be taking any existing lights. I will only be modifying new ones that I purchase.

MM

Randy Shackleford

Enlightened
Mirage_Man said:
myk,

MM

same heatsink in both lights. and also... 301x-5 version as well.

myk

Enlightened
If no one has bought the 3rd one (you mentioned you had 3 in your other thread) I'll take it
also sending PM to get PayPal addy from you.

Thanks!

Mirage_Man

Flashlight Enthusiast
Danintex said:
Is there one of these still available? Need one for my sick grandma, she likes to solder small parts.

I think I may have another one laying around somewhere. If not, when I get my lathe back together I'll make a few more.

MM

dabiscake

Newly Enlightened
Are these solid blocks, flush at the bottom or is there a hole cut? Could you post a pic of the bottom of the heatsink if you get a chance? Thanks.

Mirage_Man

Flashlight Enthusiast
dabiscake said:
Are these solid blocks, flush at the bottom or is there a hole cut? Could you post a pic of the bottom of the heatsink if you get a chance? Thanks.

They have a counter bore on the bottom to allow for the stock driver or a Flupic.

MM

myk

Enlightened
Mirage_Man, just a reminder to check your group-buy thread for the HA3 QIII, we've been waiting for you to tell us how much to Cree them and where to send payment =)

Mirage_Man

Flashlight Enthusiast
myk said:
Mirage_Man, just a reminder to check your group-buy thread for the HA3 QIII, we've been waiting for you to tell us how much to Cree them and where to send payment =)

Well I am pretty busy with the Maglite GBs at the moment. I will however keep looking into the Cree as an alternative to the Luxeon. Has anyone done a Cree in a Q3 yet?

MM