Clickie switch for a Mini Maglite 2xAA Incan

cernobila

Flashlight Enthusiast
I am looking for a clickie type switch for my Mini Maglite (2xAA). I know there are a number available but I know very little about them. I would like one that is compact, reliable and does not activate accidentally.....any suggestions? Thanks.

chesterqw

Flashlight Enthusiast
i think all the tailcap replacement for the minimag will acitvate accidently.

lighthound has them on his website.

NOTE that it won't work with the mini magLED.

pec50

Enlightened
Well worth your while to do a search on this feature as there a substantial history on CPF. That said, you might want to look at the TerraLUX TCS-1 clicky as it is a low cost alternative that appears to hold up reasonably well. You can, of course, disable the switch function by rotating the minimag head to the locked down position.

pilou

Enlightened
chesterqw said:
i think all the tailcap replacement for the minimag will acitvate accidently.

If the original head switch is in the off position, the added tail switch won't have any effect.

cernobila

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks for the info so far, very helpful.....I have installed the AuroraLite TL-3 Hotwire Kits to my MMags and would like to have the beam on one setting so I will put a bit of electrical tape around the bottom of the bezel to lock it in place to the body, I will be carrying this light in my pocket and I found that the bezel moves through carry and handling....hence the tape and clicky switch....