Superfire 16W 2xRCR123

rmzalbar

Newly Enlightened
haha, yes, of course, like the 'golston 7w' the 'k2 10w' and the '8w super bright'.. none of which actually drove an LED at those numbers but turned out to be pretty decent lights for the price.

I'm just wondering if this is the same old lux III + resistor combo? I can't figure out how to get 16w consumption at the battery with any resistor/luxIII combo. ..for one thing, that's 2C discharge on the li-ions already which is a bad idea not to mention the unfocusable 'spill light' you'd get from black-body radiation of the flashlight casing itself..

Limelighter

Newly Enlightened
rmzalbar said:
...I'm just wondering if this is the same old lux III + resistor combo? I can't figure out how to get 16w consumption at the battery with any resistor/luxIII combo. ..for one thing, that's 2C discharge on the li-ions already which is a bad idea not to mention the unfocusable 'spill light' you'd get from black-body radiation of the flashlight casing itself..

Could you explain what you mean by "2C discharge on the li-ions"? I thought that maybe you meant 2 amps (8.4v for the 2 LIR 123s times 2 amps would equal approximately 16 watts).
confused.gif