which Batteries for Nuwai TM-301X-3 ?

Terry_Dodson

Newly Enlightened
I have a Nuwai TM-301X-3 that i got recently and have been using panasonic cr123a batteries from Circuit city and it works great. but i was wondering if it is possible to use rechargables in it?

daveman

Enlightened
Check flashlightreviews.com for its specs. I believe reading on their the light does take rechargables, but verify before use.

Blindasabat

Flashlight Enthusiast
I used RCR's in mine for a while, but it may have melted some solder inside as the resistor came loose when I dropped it (a very short distance) just after turning it off.

It seemed to work well until then, but then I tore it down to find a K Vf bin LED inside. If you get a lower bin like H or J, you risk blowing the LED. Take it apart and verify the Luxeon star's bin code. If the fourth letter is a K (mine is an SX1K), you may be OK, any lower, and I would not do it. I do not guarantee it, you may have to resolder something at some point even if it is a K bin.

Randy Shackleford

Enlightened
Blindasabat said:
I used RCR's in mine for a while, but it may have melted some solder inside as the resistor came loose when I dropped it (a very short distance) just after turning it off.

It seemed to work well until then, but then I tore it down to find a K Vf bin LED inside. If you get a lower bin like H or J, you risk blowing the LED. Take it apart and verify the Luxeon star's bin code. If the fourth letter is a K (mine is an SX1K), you may be OK, any lower, and I would not do it. I do not guarantee it, you may have to resolder something at some point even if it is a K bin.

Test the amps on that set-up and you will understnad why the resistor melted.

Even a high K Vf (3.75V) is not wise for running two 3.7V RCR123's (fresh charged at 4.2V each) thru a 2 ohm resistor. That set-up is going seriously push the amperage of the LED into a hard overdrive. This will cause much heat and could blow the LED.

Better to change the resistor to a ~4 ohms or so.

daveman

Enlightened
If you're going to buy Titanium 123A from Amondo, which I highly recommend, make sure you buy at least 40 or so each shipment (how many lights do you own??). The reason for this is Amondo's shipping rate is insanely expensive. I bought a 12 123A battery + carrying case (recommend also) combo that ran for $20, and shipping added another $6 to it... $26 altogether. Any savings from the batteries ($1 each) will be wiped out from the shipping cost, so shop wisely.

Terry_Dodson

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for that tip. So far as for the 123 batteries, i have my Nuwai TM-301X-3, my ultrafire 602D, and my Xenon light that take 2 of them, and hoping to get a 123 body for my Fenix L1T.