Gladius Owners......

thehappyman

Newly Enlightened
I love my Gladius LED Light..............
This light has so many features and is "so bright" and "so balanced" it's impossible not to love it.....
And the "Memory Mode" is incredible.....

My ONLY complaint is that the beam has "artifacts" in it (for lack of a better word). These problems are most noticeable when shining the light at a white wall about 4 feet away... I think it has to do with the "Reflector" they use....

If you compare it to a Fenix P1, there are no "Artifacts" in the the P1"s beam.. The P1's beams "center" and the spill beam are flawless.... If you are beaming 100 feet away you cant see these problems.

I just wish the P1 was totally waterproof - I love taking the Gladiuus into my Mom's pool at night..... An amazing experience.......

Thehappyman

TigerhawkT3

Flashlight Enthusiast
I love my Gladius as well - and I had better, since it's my most expensive light so far.

Those artifacts are REALLY minor. Even in close-range indoor usage, they won't make any difference. The Gladius was not meant to be a WWH light, but rather a tactical light.

I've heard a few stories about Fenix lights getting run through the washing machine. If the O-rings are properly lubed, you could be good to go. There was one story, though, that said that a bit of moisture got into the head, but I suppose that if it got in, it could also go out if you let it dry long enough. YMMV, though, and I'm not telling you to go diving with your lights!

JNewell

Flashlight Enthusiast
Mine is nearly perfect...but if it weren't, I have to say, it wasn't bought for white-walling. Unless yours is really bad, it's more than adequate for the intended uses.

elgarak

Flashlight Enthusiast
I only see them during wwh. In everyday use, the Gladius is near perfect (sometimes I wish for a less defined hotspot...)

NelsonFlashlites

Enlightened
Yes, I also like my Gladius. I haven't noticed the artifacts much...they sure aren't bothersome.

If I press the button firmly, though, modes 2 and 3 stop working and the batteries need to be removed (the flashlight "reset") for it to be back to normal. Do others notice this? I emailed them a few months ago about it, but haven't heard back.

kc2ouf

Newly Enlightened
NelsonFlashlites said:
If I press the button firmly, though, modes 2 and 3 stop working and the batteries need to be removed (the flashlight "reset") for it to be back to normal. Do others notice this? I emailed them a few months ago about it, but haven't heard back.
-Keep at it - you need a replacement tailcap.

I don't care about perfection in the hotspot circle although it is close. I also don't use my gladius for clearing houses with a gun in the other hand like it was meant for. It is an overall great light!

TigerhawkT3

Flashlight Enthusiast
If you want less of a hotspot, the Surefire FM34 Beamshaper will give you a more floody beam. I got one from fox-intl, and it should arrive by this Saturday at the latest! :popcorn:

The Gladius's head is a fraction of a millimeter too large for the FM34, though, so be careful putting it on.