F70 Beam Shaper + 2nd Gen. KL3 (TIR Optic)

oldgrandpajack

Enlightened
Got an F70 Beam Shaper yesterday, and put it on a 2nd Generation KL3-BK-WH bezel today. The F70 should come with the KL3! :)

With the F70, the KL3 is similar to the 1st Generation KL3. Great for use around the campsite, in a tent, or at home. Flip up the lens, and it's still a superb thrower! Best of both worlds.

oldgrandpajack

Lurveleven

Flashlight Enthusiast
Where can I get a F70? Anyone still selling these and ships internationaly? Or should I just get a FM64 from Lighthound instead?

Sigbjoern

jar3ds

Flashlight Enthusiast
oldgrandpajack said:
Got an F70 Beam Shaper yesterday, and put it on a 2nd Generation KL3-BK-WH bezel today. The F70 should come with the KL3! :)

With the F70, the KL3 is similar to the 1st Generation KL3. Great for use around the campsite, in a tent, or at home. Flip up the lens, and it's still a superb thrower! Best of both worlds.

oldgrandpajack
we need pics! :)... i do a similar setup with the KL1 and the F04 beamshaper... :)...

oldgrandpajack

Enlightened
daveman said:
The F70 is the slim one that happen to fit the U2, correct?

It is a smaller profile beam shaper, than the FM64.

Just tried the F70 on my U2, and it fits, but seems a little loose. Perhaps it is because of the U2 bezel's shape, behind the lens retaining ring.

oldgrandpajack

PS: Sorry, I don't have a digital camera for pics.

Last edited:

Loomy

Enlightened
Lurveleven said:
Where can I get a F70? Anyone still selling these and ships internationaly? Or should I just get a FM64 from Lighthound instead?

Sigbjoern

Here's word I got from Flashdark once:

Flashdark said:
Surefire has not advertized it's "F-line" of filters for a long time but they are around. Specifically at www.lagger-pro.com . The FM-64 is FAR stronger than the F-70 [but] it is very bulky and that is why I am shifting more and more to the more fragile, but slimmer, F-70 "Slimline". This is for the 1.47" heads. The F-24 is for the 1.25" heads, and the F-34 is for the 1.67" heads. More fragile, but they do the job just as well.