Mod-U-Lok/Gladius Demonstration Video

TigerhawkT3

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just shot this video of myself removing and replacing my Gladius from and into its Mod-U-Lok holster. I removed the retention strap, because it's unnecessary. If the holster becomes very weak over time, I'll consider using the strap again. If the clip is too poorly lit, I can reshoot it if necessary.

Enjoy!

Last edited:

TigerhawkT3

Flashlight Enthusiast
x2x3x2 said:
Isnt modulok a tm name from the classic he-man cartoon?
Apparently so. It mostly happened before I was born, so I'm not too familiar with He-Man lore. I mean, of course I've heard of He-Man, and my older sister had a She-Ra doll at some point, but I'm not really... I haven't... no.

I made the video to show people what the Mod-U-Lok holster is like. I had no He-Man-related intentions.

TigerhawkT3

Flashlight Enthusiast
So, has anyone found the video to be useful? I found that the holster was very stiff to start out with, but as I practiced, I noticed that it has gotten significantly easier and more natural to get the Gladius in and out of the Mod-U-Lok.

P.S.: :bumpit:

TigerhawkT3

Flashlight Enthusiast
I am not a super-snazzy photographer-man! Just as my mom was saying good night to me (my parents sleep before I do), I asked her to shoot the video. It took about two minutes. If you want, you can always just turn the sound off...

I might actually reshoot the video, as I've noticed that the holster has loosened slightly. I have re-attached the rubber retention strap. I also got an FM34 today (YES...), so that's another reason for me to reshoot.

I DO hold the power of Greyskull!... Or, I would, if the store had had them when I was a kid. I asked my mom to get me the cool Greyskull staff, but all they had was the electronic He-Man sword. It lasted until "house-guests" ( :rant: ) started bashing each other with it. It wasn't meant to handle that, and it broke in two. That's a pretty sad memory there...

kc2ouf

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for the clip. I've been using the Blackhawk pouch but I'm considering the Mod-U-Lock. That shed some light on its use/deployment.

TigerhawkT3

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm glad you found it useful. Does anyone want me to reshoot it with a bezel-up Gladius and FM34?

Glas4d

Newly Enlightened
Yes that would be great. just about to order a FM34 and dont want to break anything :ohgeez:. How do you like you FM34. from what i understand havingit it like the best of both worlds!

Thanks

T4R06

Enlightened
@tigerhawk - thanks for the video. im expecting my gladius tomorrow. unfortunately steve forgot to put the mod-u-lok on package. so ill be expecting that in a few days.

TigerhawkT3

Flashlight Enthusiast
Do a search on "gladius fm34 latch" and you'll find some good info. Start with the FM34 slightly out of rotational alignment. Twist it slightly as you slide it into place. Ideally, it'll be lined up (according to your personal preference) when it's on all the way. Don't linger while you close the latch - its most stressed point is when it's ALMOST closed, not fully closed.

I'm glad you liked the video. Having successfully installed the FM34, I would prefer not to uninstall it and then film its reinstallation.

However, I'd be glad to make a video of a Gladius with FM34 being placed into and removed from a Mod-U-Lok.