Tactical twisty?

mousehunter

Newly Enlightened
The quest for the perfect light continues – err, much like the quest for the Holy Grail… I have a Innova T5, and often use the momentary switch rather than the twist on/off. I noticed that peak had momentary switches on their website, but could not really figure out which are compatible. Are there any other potential 1 cr123 or cr2 lights that have a momentary option? Are there any mod solutions for the usual suspects?

I also like the idea of a multi power mode light as well – besides being largish, my T5 is often just too much light for the task at hand.

Blindasabat

Flashlight Enthusiast
Too bad the T5 isn't just a big version of the T3. I like the momentary clicky of the T1 and T3. Try a Striker VG for a multi-level momentary thrower that takes 17670's for a rechargeable solution. Or a CPF VB-16 as noted below.

Some single CR123 momentary lights are the aforementioned T1, Surefire L1, the new version of the Q3, and the Nuwai ALX2611, plus the Peaks you mentioned.

Some alternative/modded solutions: LeDean's MMMMag CR2 with a Kroll switch added, HDS EDC Ultimate in Tactical Momentary mode, Fenix L2P with Nekomane CR2 or CR123 tube and Oregonshooter's momentary mod kit.

Multilevel lights with momentary: SureFire A2, L1, L2, LED Logic Striker VG, the aforementioned HDS Ultimates, Flupic/POP modded new Q3, Night Ops Gladius. The CPF special VB-16 from Wit's End can be used as a momentary though it doesn't have an actual switch, the tail cap loosened just a little works very well - and results in a momentary switch that won't break. If you had been lucky enough to get in on the (now closed) list for a certain 2-stage mod, you could have a momentary Peak with 2-stage like the SF L1 in a smaller light. BTW, keychain body Peaks with the keychain post that unscrews should all take the momentary switch. Check with Peak, their service will help you.

If you can use other than CR2 or CR123: Eternalights, MiniMags with Flupic or other multistage PILs, LRI Proton, Jil Lite with CAB (1AA body) and Kroll, Photon Freedom.

The one I see that are in both categories is the SF L1. Get a SF F04 beamshaper and you will have a very good light for all occasions. Though it is the biggest 1xCR123 light made...

jsr

Flashlight Enthusiast
For single 123A lights with tactical (push momentary, twist constant) switches, take a look at the Pelican M1 2310 (new version) and the Nextorch Z1. I have the Nextorch Z1 and it's a very good light. Well made, glass lens, very well focused reflector, smooth beam, and surprisingly bright. The PM1 2310 is also very nice. I had the old one and want the new one. It has a larger head and reflector than the Z1, less output than the Z1, but longer runtime (2.5+hrs to 50%). Both are nice lights and can be had for <$40. Pricier options are SF L1 or SF E1L, but keep in mind the L1 is the length of a small 2cell.

Latest posts