Might have to actually *USE* my flashlights today. :-o

Status
Not open for further replies.

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
It is very windy in Sacramento this morning.
The National Weather Service has issued a high wind warning, effective until 12:00pm PDT.
Sustained winds of 40 mph with gusts of 60 mph are likely in this area; when I went to the store this morning I didn't get 20 feet before being stopped by a tree limb across the sidewalk, which I had to move out of the way before proceeding. And on the way to the store, the wind somehow carried my Bic lighter away so I had to purchase a replacement.

Where I live, there are plenty of places with no windows, like the kitchen and the bathrooms to name a couple. So yes, even in the daytime, I might need to use flashlights in these areas.

Alin10123

Flashlight Enthusiast
Can't really say "lucky you"... well... i guess i can since you get to play with your lights. But i guess i can't since it's becuase of bad weather.

Short Circuit

Newly Enlightened
As we know, any reason (or none at all) is a good reason to play with our flashlights.

You have a very nice place there and I hope no wind damage occured.

borax

Newly Enlightened
There's always a downed tree in Sacramento...Same with Folsom/El Dorado Hills. Last downed tree I saw was the one laying across a road that my mom swereved to miss...and put her car in a ditch. :ohgeez:

4-5 years ago we lost a storage shed to the wind, ripped it from the bolts right off the frame, gusts when that happened were nearing 80mph+...it's still sitting somewhere in the brush a few hundred feet from it's frame... Someday we'll go get it! :popcorn:

Tonight looks like it's going to be pretty windy too

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
We're supposed to get gusts to 40 tonight; not gusts to 60 like we had this morning.
No power failures to report, so I didn't have to reach for my HDS EDC Ultimate 60 or my SureFire 10X Dominator (two flashlights that I *KNOW* are within very close proximity to me here). :ohgeez:

borax

Newly Enlightened
It's pretty rare for the wind to knock out the power around here from what I've seen (though I live in the middle of nowhere...great for lights!). Down in Sacramento you have to worry more about some punk crashing into a power pole or for some construction crew to cut the lines...on accident, of course...

Thinking I might venture down to the river tonight.

jayflash

Flashlight Enthusiast
My little town rarely loses power but I'd hate for a disaster to cause one. Stay clear of those falling branches, Craig - the LED world still needs you.

Status
Not open for further replies.