Fenix Outfitters        

Thread: Might have to actually *USE* my flashlights today. :-o

Popcorn Might have to actually *USE* my flashlights today. :-o

It is very windy in Sacramento this morning.
    The National Weather Service has issued a high wind warning, effective until 12:00pm PDT.
    Sustained winds of 40 mph with gusts of 60 mph are likely in this area; when I went to the store this morning I didn't get 20 feet before being stopped by a tree limb across the sidewalk, which I had to move out of the way before proceeding. And on the way to the store, the wind somehow carried my Bic lighter away so I had to purchase a replacement.

Where I live, there are plenty of places with no windows, like the kitchen and the bathrooms to name a couple. So yes, even in the daytime, I might need to use flashlights in these areas.

Flashaholic*

Default Re: Might have to actually *USE* my flashlights today. :-o

Can't really say "lucky you"... well... i guess i can since you get to play with your lights. But i guess i can't since it's becuase of bad weather.
    - EL Pentalux - Inova T2 - ROP 3D - SF E2e - Fenix P1 - Fenix L2T - Fenix LOD CE - ML1 - D-mini - Malkoff Devices 2D - EL QSP (finally arrived) -

As we know, any reason (or none at all) is a good reason to play with our flashlights.

You have a very nice place there and I hope no wind damage occured.

There is no visible structural damage in the immediate area; however there have been scattered reports of downed trees in the Sacramento area.

It sounds like "flashlight season" is starting early for you.

Be safe Craig. And it is great to know you are prepared, .
    *PK etched SureFire Kroma Milspec (K2-RD/BL/IR/YG), *SureFire LumaMax L4 (McE2S 22 ohm Trim Tailcap), *SureFire Executive E2e, *MagLite Magcharger (quantity two), *3D MagLite Incandescent (color Black, quantity 2), *2D MagLite Incandescent (color Black), *2AA Mini MagLite LED (color Black), *2AA Mini MagLite Incandescent (color Black, quantity 3) and *Princeton Tec EOS (color Black)

Flashaholic

There's always a downed tree in Sacramento...Same with Folsom/El Dorado Hills. Last downed tree I saw was the one laying across a road that my mom swereved to miss...and put her car in a ditch.

4-5 years ago we lost a storage shed to the wind, ripped it from the bolts right off the frame, gusts when that happened were nearing 80mph+...it's still sitting somewhere in the brush a few hundred feet from it's frame... Someday we'll go get it!

Tonight looks like it's going to be pretty windy too

We're supposed to get gusts to 40 tonight; not gusts to 60 like we had this morning.
    No power failures to report, so I didn't have to reach for my HDS EDC Ultimate 60 or my SureFire 10X Dominator (two flashlights that I *KNOW* are within very close proximity to me here).

Flashaholic

It's pretty rare for the wind to knock out the power around here from what I've seen (though I live in the middle of nowhere...great for lights!). Down in Sacramento you have to worry more about some punk crashing into a power pole or for some construction crew to cut the lines...on accident, of course...

Thinking I might venture down to the river tonight.

Flashaholic*

My little town rarely loses power but I'd hate for a disaster to cause one. Stay clear of those falling branches, Craig - the LED world still needs you.
    I'm absolutely certain that I need another flashlight.