Small waterproof 2xcr123 light using PR based bulb?

riversedge

Newly Enlightened
I am looking for something similar to my current "kayak" light, a PT Tec-20 with a split CRV-3 and 4 cell Mag xenon bulb. I like this combo because it's compact, tough, waterproof, bright enough for my uses, uses standard PR based bulbs, and is pretty cheap overall, in case of loss.

Are there any 2xCR123 lights that fit the same criteria? I know a few non-flashaholics who would be interested in something comparable that uses "standard" batteries, instead of having to go to the effort :ohgeez: of splitting a CRV-3.

pedalinbob

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have been looking for one for 2 years...but no luck.

The closest thing is the UK2L, because it is waterproof and the lamp assemblies are relatively inexpensive.

A 2x123 using a Magnum Star Xenon would allow the reflector to remain pretty small. A quality bi-pin would be fine as well.

Dare to dream, eh?

Bob

NotRegulated

Flashlight Enthusiast
For 2xCR123 I would also recommend the UK 2L. If you pick this light jmake sure you test the battery first. One of my UK 2L's seem to not work with some CR123 brands.

riversedge

Newly Enlightened
Well, if that's the case, I guess I will just be the "company mule" and "fix" their batteries for them.:lolsign:

Latest posts