mini-mag drop in?

bestcounsel

Enlightened
So, i have a couple of mini mags and energizer NIMh 2500's lying around and i thought, why not drop a 3 watt lux in one of them and run them off the 2500's!

What's a very bright drop in for a mini mag with 2500's?

I already have a SMJLED and it is cool, but not that bright. I need bright!

What say you?

Brighteyez

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'd just get one of the MiniMag LEDs. Preferably the 3 cell version.
Runs well on NiMH batteries as well. (both 2 and 3 cell versions.)

Brighteyez

Flashlight Enthusiast
You should probably consider a larger light if you want to get something brighter. Maybe one of the CR123 type tactical lights. Or if you want something that is even brighter and cost very little comparatively, look at the SL PP 4AA Lux. There's only so much that can be done with a small reflector and the manufacturers do have to keep battery run times reasonable for the mainstream consumer.

bestcounsel said:
I was hopping for something more brighter....

Thanks for the info

nikon

Flashlight Enthusiast
bestcounsel said:
So, i have a couple of mini mags and energizer NIMh 2500's lying around and i thought, why not drop a 3 watt lux in one of them and run them off the 2500's!

What's a very bright drop in for a mini mag with 2500's?
Your best bet would be to get a sandwich with a good emitter from the Sandwich Shoppe. They're not cheap, but there's nothing better. My favorites are the MadMax Lite and the BadBoy Nexgen 500. You can buy sandwiches from the Shoppe which are supposed to be brighter than these, but in my experience they just don't seem any brighter in actual use. If you decide to go this way let me know. I can build you a sandwich with 3 watt emitter at a lower price.