Millermods L2p vs L2T

BUZ

Enlightened
Millermods L2P vs. L2T

Was wondering how much brighter is the MM L2P, anyone own both?? Is paying the extra money for the MM worth it.

Can the energizer E2 lithiums be safely run in it and will I see any more overall output from the lithiums?

Last edited:

NutSAK

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well, I've never seen a MM L2P, but I can tell you that the output of the L2P and an L2T on high is not that different. So, I would guess that an MM L2P would be brighter. That is a guess, and not based upon any solid evidence. :grin2:

I know that this is not the answer to your question, but I was tired of this thread being ignored.

InfidelCastro

Banned
NutSAK said:
Well, I've never seen a MM L2P, but I can tell you that the output of the L2P and an L2T on high is not that different. So, I would guess that an MM L2P would be brighter. That is a guess, and not based upon any solid evidence. :grin2:

I know that this is not the answer to your question, but I was tired of this thread being ignored.

Seeing you own both, there's no reason to doubt what you say, but the output ratings at flashlight reviews indicate 2200 for the L2P and 3150 for the L2T on high.

BUZ, I started a similiar thread a little while back asking to compare the L2T and the Millermods L2P, because I was considering buying a Millermods if the output was more, but I never really got a straight answer. I'll bet the tint will be better. Doesn't really matter anymore, my LF1 should be here soon.

BTbigfoot

Newly Enlightened
I don't have the standard L2P or L2T ( yet ), but I do have the MM L2P and the LF1. The MM L2P does have a more pronounced and defined spot over the LF1 ( 2 AA ) mode, and overall is much brighter. The spill area is about the same, but again, the MM L2p is brighter there as well. I can't wait for David to get more cr123 bodies in so I can run my MM L2P at half the length. This modification is very bright, lights up my livingroom entirely, and in my opinion, is well worth the extra money. Again, this is a very bright light.

NutSAK

Flashlight Enthusiast
InfidelCastro said:
Seeing you own both, there's no reason to doubt what you say, but the output ratings at flashlight reviews indicate 2200 for the L2P and 3150 for the L2T on high.

I know what you mean--those numbers have always stumped me too. My L2P and L2T are easy to compare on a white wall, as they have nearly identical tint (slightly warm white). The L2T has a noticeably larger hot spot, so I would assume that is where the higher overall output is achieved.

The house is rather dark this morning, and my curiosity is piqued, so I put some freshly charged NiMh 2500mAh batteries in the lights and took a couple of comparison beamshots. Draw your own conclusions. Sorry for the line in the pic, something must be wrong with my camera.

ISO200, Shutter 1/5, F4.5: (L2P left, L2T right)

189685248.jpg

ISO200, Shutter 1/5, F7.0: (L2P left, L2T right)

189685249.jpg

BUZ

Enlightened
Wow nice pics (thanks)!:thumbsup: I think I like the MM's a little better, appears to be much whiter and a tad brighter!

Good info everyone appreciate it!

NutSAK

Flashlight Enthusiast
Please note that I've not provided a picture of the MM. The pics are only a standard L2P and L2T.

I was only trying to illustrate that the standard L2P and L2T are very close in brightness. Therefore, I would conclude that the MM is brighter than both, as I theorized above.

BUZ

Enlightened
NutSAK said:
Please note that I've not provided a picture of the MM. The pics are only a standard L2P and L2T.

I was only trying to illustrate that the standard L2P and L2T are very close in brightness. Therefore, I would conclude that the MM is brighter than both, as I theorized above.

I'm still asleep! :ohgeez:Well I just ordered a MM so I'll take some beam shot's when I get it. How does the throw of the standard L2p compare to the L2T?

Have any idea of the runtime on a MM's L2P powered by Two energizer 2500's, I've been searching the forum high & low for this answer and cannot seem to find it!

Last edited:

Polar_Hops

Enlightened
I have both, and the output of the MM blows the output of the stock L2p Away; even with 1 cell on a l1p body, it is between a l2p and r123 p1, so still brighter than a l2p with 1 battery. It is bright like wow.

BUZ

Enlightened
Polar_Hops said:
I have both, and the output of the MM blows the output of the stock L2p Away; even with 1 cell on a l1p body, it is between a l2p and r123 p1, so still brighter than a l2p with 1 battery. It is bright like wow.

You ever run lithiums in it?

xaman

Newly Enlightened
I'm interested in this light as well...

It reads 75-85%more output at the fenixstore -- does that mean you could see 75-85% more throw as well as overall? Or was the beam characteristics changed at all?

Nobody has a 2-stage option for this mod???

Secur1

Enlightened
Uhm i'm a bit comfused with the pictures NutSAK provided....
Why does the L2P seem to be brighter/whiter than the L2T, even tho one outputs 46Lumens and the later 55 ?!

Last edited:

NutSAK

Flashlight Enthusiast
That's a good question. I think I might have an exceptional L2P. I've compared it to other L2T's, and they never really seem any brighter. But, the lumen numbers you state came from the manufacturer, and are not true measurements. I have a Huntlight FT-01, a sample of which has been measured at approx. 60 lumens and there is a vast difference between that light and either of these Fenixes--the FT-01 is much brighter.

In person, I wouldn't say that my L2P is actually brighter than my L2T. It is a bit whiter though, with a bit of a red tint around the hotspot, as the picture shows. You should see my other L1T/L2T head. It's dimmer than this one and looks like split pea soup (green).

Last edited:

fnmag

Flashlight Enthusiast
xaman said:
I'm interested in this light as well...

It reads 75-85%more output at the fenixstore -- does that mean you could see 75-85% more throw as well as overall? Or was the beam characteristics changed at all?

Nobody has a 2-stage option for this mod???

I believe MM also makes a two stage option to their modified output Fenix.