Car light

Mad1

Enlightened
OK, I'm looking for a light to keep in the car but havn't a clue of what would be a good light, i.e. LED or Incan, rechargeable or cells etc etc.

What do you guys keep in your car?

I'm just fishing for some ideas.

Thanks.

Brighteyez

Flashlight Enthusiast
I don't know how many people will notice that you're in the UK and take into account the smaller size of the cars there or that many of the US brands are not readily available in the UK. But I'm sure that you'll get a lot of recommendations, some more a bit more forcefully than others.

Flying Turtle

Flashaholic
As a card-carrying flashaholic I have several, all LED with regular alkaline batteries (lithium are better, but I'm cheap). For a bit of throw there's a River Rock 2 AAA. For really nasty weather there's a PT Attitude. For map reading a CMG Sonic. And for sitting around a 4AA Energizer Folding Lantern. And then there's whatever lights might be in my pockets. I think that's enough. :shakehead

Geoff

Geddinight

Newly Enlightened
I keep a pelican M6 with extra batts in the glovebox, a Cyclops (from Sam's club) in center console and a Vector 10 mil cp in the cargo area.
The cyclops sees the most use because of it's handy location.

Casual Flashlight User

Flashlight Enthusiast

BigBaller

Enlightened
I kept a 6P in the glovebox for awhile until recently replacing it with an M2, a 6 pack of 123s in a surefire carrier always complements it.

Pumaman

Flashlight Enthusiast
Surefire G2

Princeton Tec Yukon

a headlamp can be handy

Mad1

Enlightened
I'm thinking about a Surefire G2 with a 3W LED module and a SC1 carrier.

I will also have a L1T in the car and I EDC an L1. I suppose im looking for something thats got alot of output and long runtime.

Lee1959

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have carried 5 C cell Maglights for years in my vehicles, they always have worked well for me never had a single complaint so any ne Mag is a good choice.

That said, I have started carrying also the old version X0s also. The reason is I like the build quality, I think it is one of the best midrange lights available, personal opinion only, I like its runtime for emergency use, and it uses CR123s which have a long shelf life for alight that sits in the car for long periods, even in very cold weather and it should be still good and available.

Thats my choice.

cdosrun

Enlightened
Hi, here goes for my first post here.

I don't know what to suggest, but as for my car, I have a 6D Maglite, 2AA Mag (+NewBeam) and a 100W rechargeable spot, plus spare cells for the first two torches.

Probably a little excessive for a Pug 306!