Now I know why the Striker VG is on sale

postalguy

Newly Enlightened
UPS just dropped it off from Battery Junction. First thing I noticed is that it is not new, but an 'open box' item. Looks like it struck something pretty hard seeing the open wound of bare metal showing, (anyone here want to confess to being the previous owner?)

Is it too much to ask to get a new item when you pay for a new item? If I wanted it used, I would have looked for one on ebay or the classifieds.

It's also not exactly the 'light saber' I thought it would be, so I checked the included CR123 batteries and found them to be less than 3V. I pulled a CR123 battery out of my night vision device that I've put a few hours on, and it's still at 3.02 volts. So the previous owner obviously put some time in on my 'not-so-new-banged-up' $110 flashlight:(

I put in some NEW batteries and it works ok, considering some of the excitement of my new toy is gone.

Picture%20057.jpg

So yea or nay, should it stay or should it go back?

Last edited:

AshA4

Banned
I would return it and demand a new one with fresh cells or get your money back.

I for one can't imagine this is very good publicity and it shouldn't be. :thumbsdow

If someone pays for a new light at a new light price, the VERY least one should receive is a new light, seems pretty simple.

Let us know how this gets resolved.

Good luck.

cd-card-biz

Enlightened
Yeah, that's quite a "ding" on the light.

To their credit, I have placed several orders with BatteryJunction (including my Stirker VG), and always had first rate service. I would expect you'll get the same.

Wishing you a speedy resolution.

Bill

postalguy

Newly Enlightened
Also, what do you all think of the beam pattern. It's a little lopsided. Does that affect how bright it could be?

TORCH_BOY

Flashlight Enthusiast
I would also send it back for a new replacement or a full refund as you asked and payed for a new item not a second hand one,

postalguy

Newly Enlightened
They told me they do not sell returns and that it came from the factory like that.

I'll give them the benefit of the doubt (chuckle) since they said I could exchange it along with the batteries. Just waiting on the RMA number.

Last edited:

postalguy

Newly Enlightened
Finally got my replacement Striker back today. Looks brand new. He said he would pick me out a good one this time and it looks like he did. The hot spot is more centered in this one.