We got frakking *ROBBED* at work!!!! (strong language inside)

MacTech

Enlightened
Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha, Earth, USA, New England
Came in this morning to an unpleasant situation.... at approxamitely Midnight, some spineless arsehole scumbags broke into the store (crowbarred the deadbolted door and forced the steel fire door open)

by the time i got there (i only found out after i came in for work like normal), the PD had dusted for prints, and one of the sales guys thought he knew who the perps were as they were in a few days ago, casing the joint and pretending to be customers that were "just looking"

i'm frakking PISSED, i want some BLOOD, and i want it NOW, i want these frakkers *KILLED*, they have no right to live

somehow, my co-workers thought my wish to have This security system was a little overkill, i don't agree, theft is a concious decision, the scumbags made the concious decision to break the law, they should have to live with the results

i don't think it's overkill, and it'll certainly reduce the chance of repeat offenses...

MacTech <still fuming mad>

current temper rating; 12 on a scale of 1-10, with a very short, fast burning fuse connected to a thermonuclear device

oh well, i can't do anything about it now, time to relax with a few relaxing episodes of Sledge Hammer!, and play a nice relaxing game of Command and Conquer; Generals, and rain some NUKES down on the thieves, errr, GLA.....

Last edited:

allthatwhichis

Enlightened
Well, at least no one was hurt and the merchandise is insured, right? I agree that any retail store SHOULD have a decent security system in place. This IS the 21st century...

Good luck with your store's investigation! I hope to police get em before you do. :grin2:

Nice location!!! :lolsign: I just finished that series two weeks ago. I find I need to re-read it about once a year. Just to put things into perspective... living IN the asylum and all.

TedTheLed

Flashlight Enthusiast
just got one of these video capture cameras myself..real small and wireless.. motion activated so they catch all moving objects for many days..

urdefense_1914_4032807
here

LifeNRA

Flashaholic*
Someone broke into our church last week.

They stole the lawnmower and weedeater and a few other things.

While it makes me mad it does not suprise me. :thumbsdow

Sorry it happened to you MacTech.

Last edited:

geepondy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Mactech, many of us feel your pain and I'm very sorry. Quite a few years ago now I had my car broken into and my feelings are still today that if I ever see somebody breaking into somebody elses car, I will do my best to kill the *******s and spend the rest of my life in prison if so be it. I mean no, I would not, but it gives you an idea of how it invokes huge emotions of anger, violation and a desire for revenge. What calmed me down is that I forced myself to look at it from the third person and realize if that was the worst thing to happen to me in life, I was still pretty lucky.

I truly hope they catch the *******s and please keep us posted.

lukus

Enlightened
I know how you feel. When I was a senior in high school our house was broken into, a bunch of easy to pawn stuff, a few firearms and my car was stolen. I found out Christmas morning at my Grandmother's house. I was crushed, it was a junky car but it was mine. I had no Cristmas spirit that year. I wished every curse I could think of on that individual, I wanted to beat him senseless with my own hands. A couple of weeks later a highway patrolman ran a license plate and it came back stolen. It was my car and the dirtbag was still driving around in it. A high speed chase and he made it to downtown Austin. A footchase through the Greyhound station and he disappeared after firing a couple of shots at the cops. 30 or 40 minutes later, LOTS of cops searching a few city blocks and they're closing in on a little dark downtown park. The perp, knowing it's all over stands up from some bushes, yells "HERE I AM!" and shoots himself through the temple with my Dad's .45 ACP 1911 govt. model.

I got my car back, and my dad got most of his firearms back. It was almost a year later when the police released the 1911. I went to the station to pick it up. They handed it to me in a zip lock bag with the magazine loose and one loose bullet that had been in the chamber. It was covered in dried blood and there was a big clump of hair and tissue in the barrel. Pretty much like they had recovered it that night.

I didn't lose a moments sleep over the way it ended. Every choice in what went down was his. No one was hurt, except him of course, and for that I'm grateful. His death meant he wouldn't get a second chance to hurt or kill someone else the next time, and I was glad for that too. Harsh, but real.

Let's hope your story ends better.

BTW, electroplated nickel finish rocks! The 1911 cleaned up without the slightest stain or rust blemish. I still have it.

Ken 222

Newly Enlightened
lukus said:
The perp, knowing it's all over stands up from some bushes, yells "HERE I AM!" and shoots himself through the temple with my Dad's .45 ACP 1911 govt. model.

Well, he sure showed those cops didn't he? :shakehead

Several years ago my son's car was stolen from in front of our house. After we cooled off a little I told him "You know as well as I do, we're probably lucky that we'll never know who took your car 'cause we'd end up in jail for sure".

I work hard for my money and I hate thieves!

Ken

Concept

Flashlight Enthusiast
I must agree. I have had various items stolen but nothing to major luckily.

I work full time plus overtime and callouts and I think about some lazy SOB simply walking away with something I have worked hard for and it makes me mad as hell.

TigerhawkT3

Flashlight Enthusiast
At the minimum, I agree with all the posts so far. My full and true feelings on this matter are, I believe, unpostable. Suffice it to say that I have a sweet, defenseless little dog for whom I care very deeply...

bfg9000

Flashlight Enthusiast
That is truly awful, but there are many significant differences between robbed and burgled, not the least of which being you can usually get away with killing a robber but nearly never so with a burglar. Something is stolen (a property crime), while someone is robbed (a violent crime) so the penalties are different.

Think about it: a carjacking or stickup are far more violent acts than simple theft, no?

atm

Enlightened
I'va had my house burgled, that was infuriating, but worse was when someone broke into an animal shelter I was working for at the time and stole some horses, goats and dogs. :(

Biker Bear

Enlightened
The Greater Los Angeles Metropolitan Sprawl
bfg9000 said:
That is truly awful, but there are many significant differences between robbed and burgled, not the least of which being you can usually get away with killing a robber but nearly never so with a burglar. Something is stolen (a property crime), while someone is robbed (a violent crime) so the penalties are different.
To an extent... but if it were your home being burgled while you're there, there is precedent for lethal force, since you don't know why they've broken into your home, or how they might be armed. As the sheriff said when my parents were burgled when I was a kid - "Shoot 'em dead and let 'em bleed on your carpet."

That said, I'm not personally into guns, though my father's teachings did impress the most important rules of all - always treat a weapon as if it's loaded, and never point one at anything one is not entirely prepared to shoot. For myself - I prefer chemical weapons. :naughty:

TedTheLed

Flashlight Enthusiast
"..let 'em bleed on your carpet?" :eew: no thanks. I always planned on dragging the bleeding body outside...I guess it's alegal thing; to leave the bod where it falls..?

btw that little motion activated video capture camera can be set to take as few as 1 picture every 15 seconds or as many as 15, or frequency in between = hours of action storage.. and it's only $200...

now I think I need two; one looking out for the car, one for the house...

Biker Bear

Enlightened
The Greater Los Angeles Metropolitan Sprawl
TedTheLed said:
"..let 'em bleed on your carpet?" :eew: no thanks. I always planned on dragging the bleeding body outside...I guess it's alegal thing; to leave the bod where it falls..?
That, and to prove beyond doubt they were INSIDE your home when they were shot. If someone's just lurking around outside, the claim could be made that they were lost, looking for a friend's house, etc. If they've broken in and are inside your home, though - at least in the USA - you have the right to assume your life may be in danger.

Replacing the carpet is a lot cheaper than legal bills. Granted that my own preferred approach would likely be non-lethal and could well lead to a lawsuit, but I honestly can't see myself shooting someone.

Greta

Flashaholic
Could we please steer this thread just a tad bit away from the whole "killing" thing? Thank you.

MacTech

Enlightened
Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha, Earth, USA, New England
Well, day 2 and i've had some time to think about it, still fuming mad, but per Sasha's request, i'll refrain from steering the thread in the direction it was heading

i'm still just as cynical as ever, perhaps even moreso than usual, whenever i see people walking by the storefront, i see them as potential suspects, if people walk past the store after we've closed and i'm surveying it from a distance, hoping the stupid perps try it again...., i mentally dare each one of them to try and breach the door, so i can have them arrested....

the trust is gone, everyone's a suspect, guilty until proven innocent, that mindset will not change until the perps are brought to justice....

go ahead.........make my day.......punk!

however, one benefit of my current mindset has surfaced, we're in the process of moving to a new storefront with better visibility and customer traffic, the downside is it's in a "less desirable" section of town, low-income apartments behind it, and a homeless shelter across the road (hey, don't look at me, *I'm* not the one that chose that location, blame the boss)

today i was looking at the storefront with a security-concious mindset, the new storefront is even *less* secure than the existing one, the existing one's main door is a steel fire door with a window in it, in an old brick mill building, secured by a deadbolt lock (actually *two* deadbolts)

the new store has a glass storefront, two plate glass display windows and a set of glass double-doors with a flip-open mail slot on the side, the double doors are secured by an absolutely *pathetic* flip-up lock, not even a deadbolt...

the old store had one entry point, to get inside, the thief has to crowbar the security door

wheras scumbag thieves have *options* with the new store, break the plate glass window, stick a crowbar through the mail slot and pull the glass out, or just break the glass in the door, once the glass has been breached, they've got carte blanche to grab as much as they can carry, there's no dark blinds to roll down at night, no roll down security grate, nothing

at least not yet, IMHO the store *SHOULD NOT OPEN* until the store can be PROPERLY secured, i DO NOT want scumbag thieves to have an *easier* time burgling the new store

my ideal security measures (if an ED-209 unit isn't available ;) ) would be a roll-down grate with an electrical current running through it, have the grate safely behind the glass windows, so there's no liability for idiots getting shocked, the only way *to* get shocked is to break the glass and touch the grate, and if the suspect is doing that, it's pretty damn clear they're trying to break in....

Pila_Power

Enlightened
What about an accidental breaking of the glass.... like a car crash or something?

Anyhoo, we went overboard after our breakin - bars on windows (on inside and heavily tinted anyway so noone can see unsightly bars) bollards in front of doors so no ram-raids, monitored alarm system with dialout etc.

Can't be too careful these days. :)