Fenix L2T Standing on its tailcap.

dekelsey61

Newly Enlightened
Hi, I think I saw this subject somewhere but can not find it. My L2T Does not stand on its tailcap very well. Very unstable. Is there a trick I can do? Thank you for your help.
Dan

InfidelCastro

Banned
Not really, you can screw the switch in more, but then my light became unreliable, so I put it back where it was.

TORCH_BOY

Flashlight Enthusiast
Mine seems fine, sometimes if the Batteries vent it can cause this problem, I have heard of this happening on onother thread,

InfidelCastro

Banned
dekelsey61 said:
How do you screw the tailcap in more? Thank you.

Dan

On the inside of the tailcap, there are two tiny holes on each side of the ring that contains the switch. You can use a needle nose pliers or something and turn it in a little ways. I think I used the probes on my multimeter to do it.

I don't recommend it though as then it doesn't seem to make as good contact with the body so the light may flicker or fail to come on.

Mine will stand up the way it is, just it's a little wobbly like yours.

Alin10123

Flashlight Enthusiast
(shrugs) mine stands on my cap just fine. Not sure what the problem is. Is there something sticking out? or is the tailcap not flat?

postalguy

Newly Enlightened
Mine's not too keen on tail-standing either; way too easy to fall down with the slightest bump of the table. I wonder what would make a good quick and easy stand for it?

Lite_me

Flashlight Enthusiast
InfidelCastro said:
Not really, you can screw the switch in more, but then my light became unreliable, so I put it back where it was.
Actually, you screw it out. No? :laughing: The switch plate that is. Unscrewing it some will reduce the bulge in the rubber covering the switch so that it doesn't wobble on it. I tried it and I didn't like the way the switch worked after that so I put it back. Mine will standup but leans a little. If yours doesn't standup very well and you want to ceiling bounce it, just stick it in a glass or something.

TigerhawkT3

Flashlight Enthusiast
I had that problem initially as well. I emailed Fenix a few times, and they guided me through disassembling the tailcap. After taking it apart and putting it back together a few times, the problem disappeared. I don't know why, but that was my experience. My L2T is now as stable as can be, and the switch doesn't even come close to touching the surface on which the light is tailstanding.

InfidelCastro

Banned
TigerhawkT3 said:
I had that problem initially as well. I emailed Fenix a few times, and they guided me through disassembling the tailcap. After taking it apart and putting it back together a few times, the problem disappeared. I don't know why, but that was my experience. My L2T is now as stable as can be, and the switch doesn't even come close to touching the surface on which the light is tailstanding.

I might have to disassemble the switch further and see if this will be the case. For some reason the switch buldges out beyond the tail end of the light on most units.

TigerhawkT3

Flashlight Enthusiast
I disassembled the tailcap completely. It wasn't too much trouble.

This problem is a bit of a bummer, but luckily, all it requires to fix is a bit of fiddling.

nexro

Enlightened
Mine does not tail-stand properly too.
I removed the switch assembly, took the reverse-clickie and then sand down the red button :)

Don't sand it down too much though. Assemble the switch back to check if it's okay. If not, remove it and sand it down some more :)