My new X0... a baby L4?

Valpo Hawkeye

Flashlight Enthusiast
I wanted a good dog-walking light (for my new 9-week-old chocolate lab) and I happened to be in Target, so I picked up the new X0 with the reflector instead of TIROS. I love this little light. Almost 6 hours of fully regulated output... that's awesome.

Anyway, I did an improptu comparison with my L4. Of course, the X0 is not nearly as bright as the L4, but the beam characteristics are about the same. IMO, it's a great poor man's L4, for someone who doesn't need quite that much output or who needs a longer runtime.

Any thoughts?

SCblur

Enlightened
I just got one also, and I'm very impressed. I love the new beam, and it's considerably smaller than the old X0, a bonus I wasn't expecting. To my eyes, it puts out about 90% of what my HDSXRGT does on high. Pretty good for over five hours of flat regulation.

Spongebob

Newly Enlightened
That is good news, ive been wanting one ever since I read the review http://www.flashlightreviews.com/reviews/inova_xo-r.htm and we have three Target stores within a 15 mile radius so im going to hit them all tomorrow! If you don't mind my asking how much it set you back? Also the one tested was in black, did you notice any in titanium finish?

Valpo Hawkeye said:
I wanted a good dog-walking light (for my new 9-week-old chocolate lab) and I happened to be in Target, so I picked up the new X0 with the reflector instead of TIROS. I love this little light. Almost 6 hours of fully regulated output... that's awesome.

Anyway, I did an improptu comparison with my L4. Of course, the X0 is not nearly as bright as the L4, but the beam characteristics are about the same. IMO, it's a great poor man's L4, for someone who doesn't need quite that much output or who needs a longer runtime.

Any thoughts?

Last edited:

PrimiToad

Newly Enlightened
I saw the x0 and x03 today at Target.

Had a HARD time walking after that :naughty: . They're so fine.

Raven

Enlightened
Doesn't the new XO fill the same niche that the X5 does; a high quality two cell 123a light, with a moderate output and fantastic run time.

SCblur

Enlightened
Raven said:
Doesn't the new XO fill the same niche that the X5 does; a high quality two cell 123a light, with a moderate output and fantastic run time.
I think it does. smaller too. I'm pulling this from memory, but I think the X5 lasts longer than the X0. However, the X0 is perfectly regulated, so there is that to consider.

I would take the X0 over the X5 anyday personally, FWIW.

Blindasabat

Flashlight Enthusiast
I saw the new X0 at Target for the first time today and it is smaller than I thought it was. It seems just a tiny bit bigger than an X5 and about as big as a Nuwai 301X-3 (Big Q3). Noticeably smaller than a T3.
The difference is that the X0 has more throw than the X5 (about 3x) and a bit more overall output. Both run about 5.5 hours according to FLR.
The new X0 is $40 at Target.

No new X03 with reflector yet. It still has TIROS.

Spongebob

Newly Enlightened
I just hope the ones at Target have been redone, acording to flashlightreviews.com the first ones out had defective parts.

zapper

Enlightened
Well, I thought about this one also but if you go by the numbers then... The 2AA Mag LED with Lithiums puts out twice the light for 4.5 hours regulated as stated by Runtimes by Roy. With alkalines it is still more output until 3.5 hours till it dims (at 50%) to the level of the XO at 100%. Plus it costs half as much and uses AA batteries. Now if you want to use CR123 then by all means XO. Ah well, to each their own.

Valpo Hawkeye

Flashlight Enthusiast
Raven said:

My X5 still has a floodier beam than the X0 and runs over twice as long, albeit without regulation. Also, the X5 is a tougher light since its LED's are recessed and can be run over with a truck and is just fine.

MojoLight

Newly Enlightened
zapper said:
Well, I thought about this one also but if you go by the numbers then... The 2AA Mag LED with Lithiums puts out twice the light for 4.5 hours regulated as stated by Runtimes by Roy. With alkalines it is still more output until 3.5 hours till it dims (at 50%) to the level of the XO at 100%. Plus it costs half as much and uses AA batteries. Now if you want to use CR123 then by all means XO. Ah well, to each their own.

I had a 3aa 3watt minimag led that I returned after I "saw the light" from the XO. The mm has a brigter hot spot but not nearly as useful beam (IMHO). Plus, the XO maintains a ballpark of 5 hours of the same light level meaning I never have to use a dimming light just 'cause the batteries aren't dead.

I liked the mm led OK, but I really like knowing that my light output is constant, usable, and long lasting.

JMO

Spongebob

Newly Enlightened
Just got back from Target with my new XO. The XO's are 39.99 and the XO3's are 54.99 which they were out of, in fact I got the last XO. Both only come in black as I checked the sign on the peg and both said BLK.

I took it and my P1 into the closet and X racer is correct, I can see no dif between the XO and P1.

Last edited:

Spongebob

Newly Enlightened
The lights...

XOP1.jpg