6 D cell Maglite

hiluxxulih

Enlightened
Does anyone have one of these monsters I just bought 2 of them and a 2AAA minimag. And a mag belt holster. Now I have to save up money for the batteries
ohgeez.gif

ABTOMAT

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have one, along with a 7D too. Heavy, long, good runtime, almost bright. Probably would be cool with the Inretech mods that were sold a while back.

Raven

Enlightened
I thought mag discontinued all 5 and 6 cell models?

I count myself lucky to own a couple of the 6 c models, and one is fitted with an ever-led, which I consider a match made in heaven.

TigerhawkT3

Flashlight Enthusiast
If you want an LED upgrade, I believe the ones that will work are the EverLED ($40) and the Nite-Ize ($8). You could also try an ROP build. Here are some links:

Charger
Batteries
Reflector
Pelican 3854 Big D bulb set and Borofloat lens

Buy three sets of the batteries. That'll give you six D cells to go in your 6D Mag. I believe that the combined contents of the links should provide everything you need for a nice ROP. It'll run you about $140-$150, since you already have the host Mag.

Have fun.

Brighteyez

Flashlight Enthusiast
5 and 6 cell D lights are still in production, though the market demand for them is much less than with the 2-4 cell versions.

Raven said:
I thought mag discontinued all 5 and 6 cell models?

I count myself lucky to own a couple of the 6 c models, and one is fitted with an ever-led, which I consider a match made in heaven.

ABTOMAT

Flashlight Enthusiast
Mag hasn't made 7D lights since the '80s. Last year the 5 and 6 C-cell models were dropped, but they still sell D-cell in those sizes. Didn't make a lot of sense to me--the C-cell lights were much more practical.

That 10D thing is mod of some sort. I can't quite remember the model.

Monocrom

Flashaholic
I've never really understood the thinking behind the 6-D Maglite. It seems too long and unweildy. Can someone explain what it could be used for..... besides beating up a violent attacker?

Also, unless you're going for the advantage of extra runtime, don't bother with the NiteIze LED bulb for the C & D Maglites. I tried it out in my 2-C Maglite, I literally felt like this guy! :candle:

The light output was pathetic, compared to the Inca bulb that came with my Maglite. Check out the back of the NiteIze packaging. They actually recommend that you put their LED bulb in the spare-carrier of your Maglite, and only use it once the standard bulb has burned out. I wondered why they would make that recommendation..... Then I used their bulb. Runtime = great, Output = not so much. (No, literally, Not so much)!

Last edited:

Illum

Flashaholic
Bought a 6D and a 3D from a friend...

With the xenon bulb in the 6D, lighting up a room is no problem...but the beam looks like :sick2:

where can I find that 10D?

6D ROP....sounds like a very good runtime on the charts with enough space to put a series parallel battery circuit in.

Last edited:

jwl

Enlightened
Reason for a 6D = RUNTIME.

I don't have to charge my batteries just because I went outside to have a look around. What good is a 30 minute runtime if you're going to need a light for 1 to 2 hours? Don't get me wrong I do like small lights too, have several, but it sure is nice to have lots of light / runtime just in case.

Alin10123

Flashlight Enthusiast
dulridge said:
Doth Photoshop strike again? :lolsign:

Photoshop? lol
I think someone here in the GB section actually sold adapters that you could physically extend a mag D by a certain length. I think someone actually had a 6D or 10D mag or something of the sort. It's crazy i know. Talk about a baseball bad. lol

DonShock

Flashlight Enthusiast
Modamag offered some extension tubes up to 6D but now only has 1D and shorter (40, 57, 60 mm) left. I keep kicking myself for not buying some but I didn't have a need then but I do now.

FiveMega is currently offering extension tubes in 37mm and 74mm sizes.

Lit Up

Flashlight Enthusiast
Monocrom said:
I've never really understood the thinking behind the 6-D Maglite. It seems too long and unweildy. Can someone explain what it could be used for..... besides beating up a violent attacker?

could use it to break car glass in a emergency. you could also use it as an illuminated property marker, and let's the forget the ever-popular occasional pole vault. :lolsign:

Also, unless you're going for the advantage of extra runtime, don't bother with the NiteIze LED bulb for the C & D Maglites. I tried it out in my 2-C Maglite, I literally felt like this guy! :candle:

The multi-cell SMJLED may make a decent drop-in when/if it comes to fruitition.

Monocrom

Flashaholic
Lit Up said:
could use it to break car glass in a emergency.

LOL ! ..... I've seen baseball bats literally bounce off of the side-windows of cars!

Better off using a center-punch. :grin2: