ARC AA vs. Fenix AAA vs. Fenix L0P

*Retired*
Beamshot comparisions:

fenixarc.jpg

Badbeams3

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ok, is it right this time? Is that the E1 or should the label be E0?

Ken

ViReN

Flashlight Enthusiast
in the last 2 beamshots, Fenix E0 Appears to be whiter than Arc AAA (the purple)

is it due to the camera Jar? or in reality it is purplish?

also Could post the same beamshots after lets say 5 hours :D

kevinm

Enlightened
That looks like the E0 to me; the weird rings of light of the E1 are missing. I don't really get this comparison. The E0 is made to be much like the Arc AAA. The Arc AA should crush it without question. The Arc AAA might also. The comparison between the L0P and the Arc AA is a good one.

Perhaps we are to conclude that a single AAA light is not a good EDC? If so, you'll need to convince me with an E1. I really like that light (with the RYOH I put in it).

NewBie, what are you pointing out?

Kevin the confused

paulr

Flashaholic
The Arc AA and AAA put out the same amount of light. The AA's beam is maybe a little bit narrower because of the wider head/reflector. The AA has more runtime than the AAA because of the larger battery but similar power drain. Actually, I'm talking about the *old* AA vs. AAA. The new AAA is much brighter than the old AA, because of the more efficient Nichia CS led in the new AAA. There is no new AA yet, unfortunately.

Flying Turtle

Flashaholic
What paulr said. I'll add that I think the Arc AA used the "better" LEDs that were put into the AAA Arc LE. My old AA, that I still regard as one of the best looking AA's, always seemed a bit brighter and less blue than the old AAA Arc std.

Geoff

Concept

Flashlight Enthusiast
My money is still with the E1 ATM.

I like the balance between runtime, output and cost.

Newbie I appreciate all your hard work, Thankyou.

kitelights

Flashlight Enthusiast
UnknownVT said:
I have side-by-side comparison beamshots between the Fenix E0 and the classic ArcAAA (~2003)
as well as other flashlights including the Fenix E1 and E1-47 (mod with U-bin 3watt Lux UWAJ)

Fenix E0 "Dart" - comparison review

Just for completeness and to help remove any confusion -

Fenix E1 - Comparison review
I don't understand the purpose of comparitive beamshots using one manufacturer's OLD lights against current generation LEDs of other manufacters. Not exactly apples to apples. In fact, quite misleading considering that the manufacturer that is represented by using older samples to compare actually has a light that uses newer, brighter, current generation LEDs.

This thread is likely to negatively influence potential ARC buyers and very unfairly so. So far it has successfully produced comments from even knowledgeable CPFers directly comparing characteristics of older generation LEDs against new ones.

I'd appreciate someone explaining the reason for this thread; hopefully I'm missing something.

randyo

Enlightened
Here's a post I put up a while ago showing various ARC offerings - including and old AA, a modern AAA-p, and my Millermods ARCs.

ARC Comparison

If the Fenix E0 has less output or is barely equal to the original AA, that's a pretty sad output. I do not consider the extra run time to be a worthy trade-off.

Jedi Knife

Enlightened
ViReN said:
in the last 2 beamshots, Fenix E0 Appears to be whiter than Arc AAA (the purple)

is it due to the camera Jar? or in reality it is purplish?

also Could post the same beamshots after lets say 5 hours :D

Heh heh. Appears. Last two. You wouldn't happen to like Arc a lot, would you?

Latest posts