3AA Mag LED/6D vs new Mercedes Benz.

yaesumofo

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have got to say this light continues to amaze and impress.
tonight I showed my new $20.00 3AA mini mag LED to my semi flashaholic buddy. He instantly took a liking to this light. He was attracted to it's length (no he is not gay) But it is a good length for many activities in the dark.
The more I use this light the more I am impressed. AT +/- $25.00 this is a well made in the USA flashlight ready to give the Cheap Chinese stuff on the market a good run for it's money. Yes it is larger. Sometimes bigger is better. It is nice to have something to hang on too.
I love that it is serialized. This is clearly a light Maglite spent some R and D time and money on. It is absolutely a completely NEW flashlight Not just a remake.
It is made here in the USA. I know some of you could care less but I care a lot. It is important to me that I avoid supporting the Chinese economy. They are close to Owning us as it is. No need to give them all of our flashlight business too.
This light has a very nice tint and beam quality. It is cheap too. It certainly looks like it will hold at least as well as previous models.
Cool.

Yaesumofo
Sorry guys I was going to relate a story about my buddy who used a 6 D cell mag to destroy a mercedes and chose mot to and forgot to fix the title.
I am refering to the new 3 AA not so Mini Mag
YMF

Last edited:

parnass

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: 2AA Mag LED/6D vs new Mercedes Benz.

yaesumofo said:
I have got to say this light continues to amaze and impress.
tonight I showed my new $20.00 3AA mini mag LED to my semi flashaholic buddy....

Could you clarify which model MagLED you mean? The title says 2AA, but the text says 3AA. Which one impressed you?

Thanks.

Mattia5

Newly Enlightened

How come all patriots are american? at least on this forum...

evgeniy

Newly Enlightened

Is anyone tested, how long works Minimag LED 2AA from 2 NiMH accu 2500-2700 mah ?
How is voltage range for dc-dc converter in MinimagAA ?

Illum

Flashaholic

yaesumofo said:
It is made here in the USA. I know some of you could care less but I care a lot....

Um...most people you meet around here emphasize the origins of their lights alot, Im surprised you havent heard about it.... :thinking:

parnass said:
Could you clarify which model MagLED you mean? The title says 2AA, but the text says 3AA. Which one impressed you?

Thanks.

some of us have fat fingers...but yes some clasification would be ideal, ty

Handlobraesing said:
I see nothing about Mercedes

Me neither....nothing about cars [other than your avatar Handlobraesing:grin2:]

I see nothing about 6Ds...I thought this was a post with beamshots of a car getting pwn3d by a flashlight...but oh well, clarify on that too.:huh2:

Illum

Flashaholic

evgeniy said:
Is anyone tested, how long works Minimag LED 2AA from 2 NiMH accu 2500-2700 mah ?
How is voltage range for dc-dc converter in MinimagAA ?

Thats a very good question, Im sure it would be more appropriate and more effective putting this question on a new thread...dont hijack this one ;)

EDIT: WELCOME TO CPF! :wave: Hide your wallet and shred your credit cards....:grin2:
I made my preprations...but went broke in 4 months....:ohgeez:

Badbeams3

Flashlight Enthusiast

Hmm...I guess the Mercedes would be brighter...could be a bit hard to carry around.

So, is the title just to get my attention :)

Illum

Flashaholic

i always wanted a truck with led headlights...and HIDs for foglights mounted on the ceiling rail :grin2:

mtnwalker

Newly Enlightened

I've always wanted a Chevy....
I've always wanted a truck with headlights....

Now I've got to make all these decisions...
What kind of Chevy????
What kind of Headlights????

Bmccue1964

Newly Enlightened

I got over 4 hours with the Eveready 2500 mah rechargeable NiMH's.

I love the light, only major problem is when the battery voltage (on alky's too) drops below a certain level, the light just shuts off instantly (about 4.5 hours on alkys).

blahblahblah

Enlightened

mtnwalker said:
I've always wanted a Chevy....
I've always wanted a truck with headlights....

Now I've got to make all these decisions...
What kind of Chevy????
What kind of Headlights????

2500HD Duramax/Allison extra cab 4x4. As for the headlights, I just use the upgraded wiring harness with factory bulbs (it increases the wire size and therefore the voltage at the bulb).

To keep on topic...
I got this truck after having a POS Mercedes. The POS cost me 11k in repairs one year, so I sold it and got something heavy duty. For the record, I don't keep a 2aa or 3aa mag led in my Chevy. However, I used the Chevy to drive to Home Depot when I bought my 2 3aaa Mag LEDs.

:dedhorse::dedhorse::dedhorse:

Icebreak

Flashlight Enthusiast

I finally saw a MagLED 3AA in action this week. It was another CPF member's light. The tint was very nice. It was quite bright. I was surprised at its focusing ability. I checked it out for about 4 minutes so I don't know what the thermal step down looks like. It started getting warm so the sink must be pathing pretty well.

I like that Mercedes sports car with the convertible hard top. I'd rather have a high performance BMW. Chevy makes a nice sports car that would look good with R/C spotlights in the form of 100W M*g HotWire heads with conical backs.

Jedi Knife

Enlightened

yaesumofo said:
It is made here in the USA. I know some of you could care less but I care a lot.

Yaesumofo

By caring a lot then you, also, could care less. A lot less. :rolleyes:

Bmccue1964 said:
I got over 4 hours with the Eveready 2500 mah rechargeable NiMH's.

I love the light, only major problem is when the battery voltage (on alky's too) drops below a certain level, the light just shuts off instantly (about 4.5 hours on alkys).

I really don't like super high capacity NiMH since if you don't use it up within a week, it loses a significant amount of capacity.

Eneloop for the win.

daveman

Enlightened
On the subject of automotive use for LEDs, I believe both the 2007 Lexus LS 460 and the 2007 Infiniti G35 will have LED headlights. LEDs future in cars is almost a certainty.

cobb

Flashlight Enthusiast

You can find plenty of them on ebay used. The 240, 300 models are pretty tough. They are billed as a million mile car. I got an 81 240d diesel with manual tranny. Almost 400k miles on it. Gets 32-30mpg, has horrible acceleration, but the faster you drive the better it handles. I love how I can drive down into the ditch and back out without worry of loosing control. Its got a parallel o gram front end and I believe 6 bar rear suspension.

TORCH_BOY said:
Ive always wanted a Mercedes benz