• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired Custom McG45's for sale ...

wquiles

Flashaholic
Custom McG45's for sale - updated ...

OK, had some time to look at everything today. My apologies to everyone for not updating this sooner :twak:

Since I can only build 4 complete lights (unless I can get more 45mm reflectors), I am going to give preference to those folks in the main McG45 thread. This is the list of folks interested (I did my best to order based on TimeStamp on thread and on PM's):

- cue003 - asked to be skipped
- Nemul - asked to be skipped
- jdriller - asked to be skipped
- dksd39 - asked to be skipped
- gl22man - asked to be skipped
- nanotech17 - could not get a hold of

- MSaxatilus - one of the custom 1C's "sold"
- Christoph - - one of the custom 1C's "sold"
- Nebula - got the MM 2xC
- ZeissOEM2 - got the last light!

The list is closed for now.

These HAIII 2xC (or 1xC) lights will be approx. $265 depending on body, LED, driver (instead of DD), etc. These lights, as everything I sell, includes shipping/insurance CONUS.

Here are some pictures of the prototype for sale:
IMG_6681.JPG

IMG_6679.JPG

Here is a picture of the additional HAIII hosts. Going left to right, the second light, the third light, and the last light are the additional bodies offered for sale.
FL12, FM HAIII 2C (for sale), MM 2C HAIII (for sale), FM 1.5D, Modamag 1D, MM HAIII 1C (for sale):
IMG_6481.JPG

Additional pictures of the FM HAIII host (the Prototype) and of the 2xC HAIII by MM. The 2xC done by MM has (like the custom 1C's) the extra knurling cuts in the grip area that I did on my own lathe ;)
MM is the darker one, shown here in the left:
IMG_6995.JPG

FM:
IMG_6996.JPG

MM:
IMG_6997.JPG

FM:
IMG_6998.JPG

MM:
IMG_6999.JPG

1) "The Prototype", as shown in above thread in great detail, which is 2xC, runs from 2x18650 cells, DD with a small resistor and a W-bin 5W LED = $265.00 ($285 with any driver). Completed and ready to ship.

2) (SOLD) I have another 2xC HAIII body from MM, that I can build right now also with a DD solution, also build with a W-bin 5W LED = $275.00 ($295 with any driver). Waiting to be built.

3) (SOLD) I have one of the FM custom finned 2X HAIII (includes the normal and the deep tailcap ) that I can also build DD with a W-bin 5D LED = $300.00 ($320 with any driver). Waiting to be built.

4) (SOLD) I have TWO custom 1xC HAIII bodies from MM, that I could build a DD solution with a 3W U-bin LED = $255.00 ($275 with any driver). Waiting to be built.

Basically, each person going down the list will have first option. Once that person decides, the next person will have second option, and so on. Whatever does not sells after these folks have a chance to buy/not-buy, will be offered for sale to the general membership. I hope this is fair to everyone :D

No need to send money yet. I just need to "know" from that interest list who wants what. Then we can worry about the money via PM's ;)

Will

Last edited:

cue003

Flashlight Enthusiast
You can skip over me. I have decided to hold off a little on my light purchases for now. Thanks for the offer.

Curtis

wquiles

Flashaholic
cue003 said:
You can skip over me. I have decided to hold off a little on my light purchases for now. Thanks for the offer.

Curtis
No problem. Just wanted to be fair to those who expressed interest :)

Whatever does not sells after these folks have a chance to buy/not-buy, will be offered for sale to the general membership.

Will

Last edited:

wquiles

Flashaholic
By the way, and I just got a PM on this, any converter that fits in there is fair game. You do not "have" to do the DD if you want a fully regulated product - this is after all a completely custom light ;)

Will

wquiles

Flashaholic
No problem. PM replied ;)

I also want to point out that those 1XC were done by me on my own lathe, and these bare bodies were sent to MM for the HAIII coating. Therefore, an option here as well is to take any of the 2xC lights and make it a 1C for an extra $25 (as I have to cut and re-thread).

Will

wquiles

Flashaholic
PM replied. List on post #1 updated to reflect choise ;)

I already contacted George for the drivers :D

Will

Last edited:

wquiles

Flashaholic
Regentag said:
Will -- Is the FM 1.5D pictured still available?
Thanks much for the interest. Although I might sell some of those additional bodies in the future, the McG45's are all build on HAIII C bodies, so those D bodies are not part of this sale ;)

Will

wquiles

Flashaholic
nanotech17 - If by 9PM central time (USA) I have not heard from you I will have to assume that you want to be skipped.

Will

wquiles

Flashaholic
wquiles said:
nanotech17 - If by 9PM central time (USA) I have not heard from you I will have to assume that you want to be skipped.

Will

I am sorry nanotech17, but I will keep going through the list as I never got a reply to my PM nor either thread :(

ZeissOEM2 - your turn ;)

Will

wquiles

Flashaholic
ZeissOEM2 picked up the last light, so we are done with who is getting what.

I am now waiting for the new drivers from George (TaskLED) to complete the lights - George had said that probably a couple more weeks.

Everything else I have here with me, so I will start the cutting/fitting/modding process for each one of these 4 lights. I tend to only have time to work on this during the weekends, but I will post pictures from time to time so that you can see how your custom light is being put together ;)

Will

wquiles

Flashaholic
Archangel said:
(smirk) So close...
You are still next in line if anyone backs out last minute, although I home no-one backs out as I am started to fit parts and the drivers from George will be here in a week or two :D

Here are some more teaser photos of the build-process.

I got a little package in the mail. Some very important parts for these 4 custom lights:
IMG_7000.JPG

I will post a few more pictures over the weekend :D

Will