Anyone has this "regulated 3W" single CR123A from Dae?

Morelite

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Anyone has this "regulated 3W" single CR132A from Dae?

daveman said:
What do you mean, Maro? It runs on a 123A primary cell.

You have a typo in the title. I think his was questioning the CR132.

dulridge

Enlightened
Have one. the switch is rather stiff.

Do NOT screw down the head to tighten it - the reflectors aren't all that well made and will cut the leads of the LED - in my case frying the regulator circuit while it was at it.

Apart from that, a nice enough light.

daveman

Enlightened
dulridge said:
Have one. the switch is rather stiff.

Do NOT screw down the head to tighten it - the reflectors aren't all that well made and will cut the leads of the LED - in my case frying the regulator circuit while it was at it.

Apart from that, a nice enough light.
So it is regulated?? You wouldn't happen to have a P1 for throw/output/runtime comparison?:grin2:

dulridge

Enlightened
daveman said:
So it is regulated?? You wouldn't happen to have a P1 for throw/output/runtime comparison?:grin2:

Sorry. Mine died of tightening down the head and now has a resistor and a Prolight 3W LED in it. Works fine but the die size on Prolights is gigantic which leads to a fairly ugly beam.

AFAIR - from the short time it was working - its beam was just about the same as a 7W Golston running on a 17670 single cell, i.e. a quarter of the brightness of the Golston running on 2 x RCR123.

It certainly used to have a regulation circuit but it didn't last long enough to see how effective it was. :awman: REALLY don't tighten down the head.

Afraid I don't own a P1, but from what I've read, it is likely to be brighter.

Last edited:

daveman

Enlightened
I'm sorry to hear your loss, you should take solace in its cut-rate price. I'll stick to my P1.