Bad "Carma"

Flying Turtle

Flashaholic
Last night I had spotted a nail in my rear tire about an inch in from the sidewall. So first thing this morning it's off to the "good old boy" tire shop. Of course they were closed, so it's down the road to a chain shop around here called Colony Tire. They got to it quickly, but soon I hear my name called. What now? They claim the pucture is too close to the sidewall, and that a patch wouldn't hold. And, the only tire they've got that best matches the others happens to be a $137 Michelin. At this point they've got me by the tender parts, so I bite the bullet. Come to look at the bill about an hour later and find I've paid $10 for Nitrogen in all tires. To their credit a refund was immediately offered when I went back. How many people are being fleeced with this scam? Funny thing, while I waited for the tire, a Car and Driver article in the waiting room talked about Nitrogen and how it's a waste, except in race cars.

So I get home all charged to email the shop's main office and vent. Wasn't long before my wife calls to say she had been in an accident. Some guy had shot out of a parking lot trying to reach a side street directly across. He obviously forgot to look in the direction my wife was coming, crossing two travel lanes, a turning lane, and one more travel lane before reaching wife's lane. She was just minding her business, going about 35, when suddenly he was in front of her. She actually hit him in the side near the rear. Then with his trunk popped up he took off. Luckily there were plenty of witnesses. Someone recognized the car, and the police soon had him. He was drunk. Officer said he was heading for jail. Thank goodness for all the folks who saw it happen and were willing to help, and the Cary, NC police, who were really on the spot. I guess we'll get a damage figure Mon. or Tues. Insurance should cover all.

Luckily, my wife was not hurt. Don't think anyone in other car was. An altogether bad day for our vehicles.

Geoff