SL Scorpion Bulb Replacement Problems!!

DDS

Enlightened
I've had my Scorpion for many years and it has functioned superbly until now. The light had petered out so I replaced the batteries , to no avail. I then removed the old bulb(very snug) and while doing so the metal cap came off dropping the spare bulb which I had forgotten was there. Much to my dismay, in attempting to replace the bulb, I found that it was very loose and just fell out . I had to bow the leads to have a somewhat increase in retention(not very good). After reassembling the light ...no light! I tested the batteries(3 sets tried) and with confirmed new batteries, no go again. Any suggestions on what might be my problem would be appreciated. It is my bedside light and has not incurred any abuse whatsoever. Thanks! Dave

PS: Is the bulb supposed to fit that loose? I tried reinserting the "old" bulb and it just fell out too??

DDS

Enlightened
I tried that but no luck. Can you please describe the two holes it is supposed to go in? Is it polarity specific?
Thanks

DDS

Enlightened
Problem resolved: My spare bulb was obviously a dud too! I feel stupid :). Fortunately I was able to scrounge up a new unopened bulb in my bulb stash. Thanks!

Latest posts