inova 24/7 and rechargable batteries???

sphynx_000

Newly Enlightened
(thread title changed, see later post about batteries)

I really like the clip feature, so it can be used hands free when needed. Also the way it stands up. Brightness and battery life seem to be pertty good too.

Anyways, I was wondering if anyone knows of any other comparable lights?(espicially something that can be used hands free like the inova)

Last edited:

atm

Enlightened
Re: thinking about getting an inova 24/7...

I'm not aware of anything that is as versatile as the 24/7 when combined with the accessory pack. Adding to the ability to stand it in many ways, hang it around your neck or clip it onto things are the very handy magnetic mount (especially for car related uses) and surprisingly effective headlamp mode. A great little light.

Andrew

Frank Maddix

Newly Enlightened

I don't have a 24/7 - I'm sure it's a good light (I have an X0 and X1 and they are solid).
But I do have a Photon Fusion - worth checking that out before you fork out hard earned dollars. I don't want to influence your choice, so I won't mention how versatile and robust the Photon is.

JNewell

Flashlight Enthusiast

I have one and would rate it very highly. It's kind of a Swiss Army Knife of flashlights. The red is very useful for night navigation. The high white gives good area lighting. I use the flasher when I walk home from the train (no sidewalks where I live) when the days get short. As said above, the various accessories are a plus. It's a great light.

vandrecken

Newly Enlightened

I also have one and like it.

Multicolor modes are good for walking on unlit roads clipped to a maxpetition proteus bag, two levels of white are versatile on a headband, red for night vision or looking in on the kids. There's also a handy locator blink when you dial between any of the normal modes. Good to help get back to your tent/basha/bivvy in the pitch black when camping out.

Cheers.

sphynx_000

Newly Enlightened

I think I am going to stick with the 24/7. I forgot to note I want to use lithium batteries, as the most of the use will be in sub-freezing temps. Also, I really like the clip. It should easily attach and detach from my coat as needed.

Thanks for the input!

sphynx_000

Newly Enlightened
If possibly I would be interested in getting a couple rechagrable batteries for the light. Does anyone know how the light handles rechargables either 3.0 or 3.6 volt???

And could someone recomend a cheap lithium charger/batterys?

note: I am familiar with the ups and downs of rechargable lithiums...