Need help with Ultrafire 602C

jayb79

Newly Enlightened
I ordered one from fifthunit and it arived DOA so i did some seaching and thought maybe i need a little more voltage to get it to fire up. With a fresh alky it would flicker if i smacked it on the side then it started working, then quit again and wont do anything. Tried using 2 alkys or nimhs still no action.

Time to take it apart. Figured bad connection somewere. I put a little solder in the thru holes that make the connection from the battery side, (could find nothing else that would indicate trouble). Put it back together and the it would fire up on 2 cells only. Then i put 2 nimh and it was very brite for about 2 secs then dimed to nothing and would not fire up again. No smoke but if i hold it close i can smell that smell of something burnt.

Now to the part were i need some help.

http://i109.photobucket.com/albums/n50/jayb79/Ultrafire602cboard.jpg I dont know how to make the pic show up directly

What are the parts i am looking at on the board? I think the problem is on the board w/o the coil ,(that is the boost side right) on the part that has S4 on it, looks like a bubble in the middle of it.

HiltiHome

Enlightened
Looks like Schottky diode S4 burned out.
ultrafire602cboardqb5.jpg

You can try to replace it with a similar one, rated at least 2A.
Soldering iron with very fine tip and good skill needed.

jayb79

Newly Enlightened
I think i can change it were do i get one? I dont think radio shack can help.

Last edited:

jayb79

Newly Enlightened
Ok i have done a little looking and can't find any S4 diode. Can someone enlighten me as to the general function of the diode, actually a discription of the whole circuit would be nice. Why are there three wires? Is it some type of modified ac coming from the coil? Is the diode a simple rectifier?
Thanks for any help.
Am i in the right forum for these question?