10 Reasons To Work For Google

Kesmai

Banned
http://blog.payitforwardonline.com/2006/09/23/10-reasons-to-work-for-google/

Excerpt:
The truth is, the Google workplace is pretty chaotic. You are expected to keep track of your own priorities and use their free resources to stimulate motivation and creativity. They are very selective about who can work for them, obviously they would not hire some slacker who can't keep his priorities straight and isn't very productive. There is a lack of structure at Google but they want it to be that way because of their beliefs.
An excellent cafeteria and of course it is free. They call the 15 lbs that you gain from working there "the Google 15″, because the food is freshly prepared and you have so many choices that you end up eating a whole lot.

geepondy

Flashlight Enthusiast
I worked at a start-up company for awhile that was sort of what I read in that blog statement. There was free membership to a health club and if you decided to go there for an hour during the middle of the day, nobody said anything. Not a free cafeteria but lots of free food including free bagels and coffee at anytime. Plus beer on Friday afternoons. But you were expected to work 60 hour or thereabout weeks. Your work output was scrutinized very carefully and you had damn well better be able to do what you are expected to do and in the time you are expected to do it in. I didn't take the long health club lunch breaks because I generally worked from 6:30 in the morning until 7:00 at night and I didn't want to stay even later.

I wonder if inside Google, they share any of those similarities. And yes the time will come when Google matures and they will stop making the money hand over fist so we will see what happens then.

tiktok 22

Flashlight Enthusiast
When companies offer great benefits to work for them, there is usually a reason they offer such great benefits.

Kesmai

Banned
a friend just told me they give you free bubble gum, rockstar energy drinks and car oil changes LOL