Worried about the airline losing your luggage? No problem. Just pack a gun

bfg9000

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've posted here before on the necessity of including a firearm in order to securely lock up flashlights in luggage, but this ingenious starter pistol variation should allow many more people to do it.

LowBat

Flashlight Enthusiast
Clever Idea!

In regards to flying with guns; the part I was uncomfortable with was when checking in luggage containing a firearm I was required to open my bag and demonstrate to the agent that the firearm was unloaded. I could almost feel the stares from those in line behind me. The other thing that was kinda odd is that my firearm didn't seem to concern the airport folks, but they usually asked for my ID when they saw my handcuffs.

elgarak

Flashlight Enthusiast
Unfortunately, this only works for domestic flights, not for international flights, which usually end up in a country with stricter gun laws.

cobra-ak

Newly Enlightened
Do not, I repeat, do not do this to either LaGuardia or Kennedy, NYC has the draconian Sullivan law, if a weapon is detected belonging to person in their baggage, you are being arrested. Unfortunately the NYC airports are the ones where guys get arrested.

RA40

Flashlight Enthusiast
I wasn't too keen on reaching my destination and having a firearm. Some hotels you just don't get a good feeling handing them your pistol to keep in the safe. Fortunately many of the nicer hotels do have an in-room safe.