uk and SL 4aa button wear

Spork

Enlightened
hello. I've been using the SL and UK 4aa for about a year. They have been great lights but both the buttons are starting to wear. the rubber cover for the button on the uk light is starting to peel off. the sl is still ok but its going to wear through fairly soon.

The infinity ultra seems close enough for me in brightness to the uk 4aa and probably much sturdier. I used the uk as my inside light for digging through the closet or whatever but I think the ultra is going to take its place.

The SL4aa I kept on my deck for most of the year so we can check on the dogs when they go out for a potty break. We have a fenced in yard but its pretty much a forest beyond that. The flashlight has been out there in rain and snow. It also sat on the ground for a week in mudd and rain. So I suspose a wearing button cover isnt to bad.

Should I get a new one or is there some sort of all metal twist on light that
would hold up even better? As I said before I'm pretty happy with the brightness level and everything else about the sl4aa except its plastic.

thanks

dlrflyer

Newly Enlightened
Wow, I'd think a worn button cover isn't too bad considering the harsh treatment. But if all metal is what you want, and dim is ok, I prefer the Inova X1, it's a freakin' tank. It is brighter than the infinity ultras I've seen and will still run a good 10-12 hrs on one AA alkaline.

Brighteyez

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've had that occur with my Stinger where the switch cover wore through. The local Streamlight warranty station just replaced the entire switch assembly, and they did it while I waited.

Latest posts