Need for Surefire Covers

jboydjr

Newly Enlightened
Just wondering if anyone uses the Surefire covers (if an available accessory for their model). If so, do they make the torch too cumbersome to carry? Do they leave a mark around the area they clamp-on? Advantages vs. Disadvantages, etc....

Jim

sboza

Newly Enlightened
When I actually had use for surefire lights, all of my weapon mounted lights were covered. Primarily to prevent accidental light exposure (even if locked out, for assurance). Now, if you are looking for a cover for nontactical purposes, I assume to protect your lens, why not a beam diffuser or a red light filter. They may not be as tough as the covers, but they do protect your primary lens and give you added functionality.

As to your other questions, they do not damage the light while they DO significantly add to the bulk factor (excluding the e- series filters, I believe).

I was just browsing for a dive light, saw your post, and thought I'd put my 2 cents in. There are a lot of people here that are intimate with surefire products (and I mean probably sleep with the catalogs). They will be able to help out further, I only know as far as I've used them. Hope you find what fits your needs.

redskins38

Newly Enlightened
I use an E1L for my EDC and i have a FO4 on it. I have it to protect the lense and just to get a nice diffused beam. Im looking at getting another for my C3 for the same purpose.