Definitively unhappy with L1T

glire

Enlightened
I have the good Triton P1, the great L1P, the excellent L2P, the amazing Jet Beam I (first batch), and also the "common" L1T.
I don't like it. Not sure why. Maybe it's the anemic brightness compared to the others. Or its greenish tint. Or the occasional flickering at high level. Overtime I even found the 2 levels unusefull, the bright level doesn't distinguish itself enough from the low level.

I did a test comparing the L1T with the L2P by exchanging bodies. I still prefered the L2P with one cell. I almost bought a L2T but I finally purchased from 4stevens a L2P with an extra L1P body. The L1S/L2S looks like even a step further backward from L1T/L2T, I'm not tempted at all. I don't see where is the progress of Fenix lights in 1-2 AA cells category. The L2P head is still the Fenix reference for me.

Do you have that same feeling ?

pilou

Enlightened
I only own the L2P head (1 & 2-cell bodies), so take my opinion for what it is worth, but I do feel that based what I know "on paper" about the other AA Fenix lights, the L2P head is the best one. I also prefer the simpler elegance of the LnP bodies. The L2S is almost hideous.

frosty

Enlightened
I've got the L1P / L2P & L1T / L2T. The L1T is the weak link in the chain without a doubt. It's the dimmest and because it's being underdriven the colour is poor.

I have to say that if I was given one as a gift, I would still be pleased, as on its own its still a great little light.

NutSAK

Flashlight Enthusiast
I love all my Fenix lights. I do agree that the high and low levels are too close to be worthwhile on the L1T, but it works great with the extra brightness of the L2T's high level.

I solved the problem though, and bought a nekomane CR123 body for my L1T. I sold the L1T body because I would never have used it again. The CR123 bodies will be available from Fenix Store soon.

scott

Enlightened
Gee...I love my L1T. I'm also happy with the high and low. I use it in low almost all the time, so I wouldn't want it any dimmer. I use high for short bursts when I need the extra reach. Nice and white, too. I'm about as happy as I could be with my L1T.

Scott

ciam

Newly Enlightened
I also use L1T's "low" mostly, seldom need to turn to "high". If I really want it bright, I could always put in a 14500. My issue with it is the lack of knurling on the head, making one hard operation a huge challenge.

As for the tint, mine is as white as it could get. I think 4sevens says that the newer LxTs should have whiter tint. When did you get yours?

Last edited:

Casual Flashlight User

Flashlight Enthusiast
I solved the problem though, and bought a nekomane CR123 body for my L1T.

Turns the LxT's into different beasts...it really does...compact, bright, great runtime, astheticly pleasing, easily slipped into your pocket so it's there when you need it.

The CR123 bodies will be available from Fenix Store soon.

And they should sell like hot cakes...excellent investment for LxT owners...if I didn't have my HDS 's the Fenix/Nekomane rig would still be my number one pocket light.

CFU

squirrel

Newly Enlightened
oh no, I just got a L1T. its still in the mail.
Based off of fenix-stores numbers, it should be brighter on bright with equivalent run time as the L1P and a longer run time on low.

I hope I like it....if not, Ill send it back for an L2T.
ill post my opinion when I get it.
should be tomarro.

Last edited:

Casual Flashlight User

Flashlight Enthusiast
You can't get them at the moment...they will be available through "fenix-store.com" when they are made (cost about $20 each last time and another $20 to modify the tube and the flashlight so it would work with them).

Don't know if this will be the case this time around as the original ones were designed to work with the LxP series and needed modification to work with the LxT series.

CFU

NutSAK

Flashlight Enthusiast
The new ones will be made to fit the LxT series, so no modifications should be required to fit them. I would think that they will also work with the LxP series with no modification also. The threads for the head will be longer though, so it may not be "perfect".

Squirrel, try to ignore manufacturer's lumen claims. I can tell you that my L2T is no brighter to the naked eye than my L2P, so I wouldn't assume that the L1T is brighter than the L1P just from their numbers.

Last edited:

squirrel

Newly Enlightened
wonderful,
this is one problem with buying online, sight unseen.
I wish I could get the L1T/P L2T/P and P1 all in my hand and running at the same time.
pick 1 or 2 and be done.
pics on the I-net and such only do so much justice.

Things like this can be done at local stores such as walmart/home depot/lowes.

Im half temped to order all these from fenix and then sell the ones I dont like on here w/in a week.
problem is, I would prolly be expected to take a hit on the price thus negating my abitions.

Last edited:

foton

Newly Enlightened
I bought the P1, L2T and an L1T body so I could compare. For me the P1 is tops, as it has the brightness of the L2T (high), in a package significantly smaller than the L1T. Using the 3.6v RCR123s makes the P1 significantly brighter than the L2T.

I still may keep the L1T/L2T as an emergency light, with its long (low) runtimes and AA batteries.

gadgetnerd

Enlightened
I'm not really unhappy with my L1T, more neutral (my L1T tint is fine). I don't think it's a standout torch from Fenix (for me, that's the P1 and L2P).

Like a lot of people here, I just tend to think of the L1T as a pretty well built, well regulated long running 15 lumen torch with a 30 lumen burst mode when needed. Mine's a backup torch, with my HDS B42 on daily EDC duty.

Braddah_Bill

Enlightened
I have a number of Fenixs and the LT1 is one of my favorites....I EDC it to work cause I like the small size.

Just recently I took apart a CRV-3 battery to get 2 - 3 volt AA sized batteries (make sure it says made in Japan on the packaging). Works great I now have an LT2 in an LT1 size ..see link for more info about the CRV-3.

https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/120387

Bill

glire

Enlightened
I got the L1T in june, well after the L1P and L2P. So many of you seem to agree, their L#T are less bright than L#P. I expected the L#T series to be brighter than L#P as they use LuxIII. I did a mistake.

It seems Fenix is extending its range to even dimmer lights with E# and now L#S. Please wake me up when Fenix will propose brighter and more efficient lights while still keeping the small and pretty 1-2 AA form factor.
:sleepy:

yellow

Flashlight Enthusiast
I use my L2P regularly (head resistor mod for 2 levels),
the L1T with a 14500 Li-Ion every day.

If there were not the Li-Ion, I would AT EVERY TIME GIVEN use the Triton P1 instead of the Fenix`,
somehow I think it has a "warmer" feeling to my hand (dont like the hex shaped Fenix-Body), it is not slippery like the Fenix and then the clickie.
(but the downsides are: no 2 levels, if battery drained, no more light, not even very low)

LED Cool

Enlightened
I got a L1P, L2P, L1T & L2T.

Among them, L1P & L2P has a better white tint. my L1T is greenish and my L2T is very yellowish.

but i like the body shape of the L2T because it is slimmer and lighter.