Any new 2-stage Luxeon LED's?

BugLightGeek

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've been a little out of the flashlight thing for a while so I'm wondering what I've missed.
I'm particularly interested in 2-stage Luxeon LED lights.
I've already got a L2T so I'm just wondering what else I've missed out on.

Thanks!

BugLightGeek

Flashlight Enthusiast
No, I hadn't seen either of those.
Has anyone had any experience with either of them?

What about ordering from US sources
(since the 2nd one doesn't look like it's a US source :( )

FlashKat

Flashlight Enthusiast
Most people had no problems, but when I bought 2 flashlights from him and the 1st one failed after 3 days he just kept giving me the run around for a week and I finally gave up, and gave away both flashlights.

Checkout Streamlights 2L 3w Luxeon 2 stage flashlight: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0007A5XKA/ref=sr_11_1/002-0648998-5805634?%5Fencoding=UTF8&v=glance&n=228013
These are very reliable and they can handle rechargeables that is regulated through electronic circuit boards, and NOT with just a resistor like most of these flashlights...I have owned mine for almost 4 years now without any problems.
TinderBox (UK) said:
the qualitychinagoods website is run by CPF member Dae , and lots of us have ordered from him with no problems.

regards.

John.

Last edited:

BugLightGeek

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks, FlashKat.
Sorry to hear about your experience but good to know as well.

I've got the 2-level Streamlight and agree it's a great light.
Just a little larger than I prefer for EDC. As it is, I keep it in my camera bag.

nerdgineer

Flashlight Enthusiast
You might consider the 4W 32 level VB-16 Lux TXOJ light from Waion. $55 shipped. HAIII, coated mineral glass lens, easy to control power level, tactical clicky, cut to fit protected 18650s, runs on 2xCR123, 2xRCR123, and so on. On mine, all 32 levels produce light and the lowest is very low, maybe 0.3 lumen, and good for saving night vision.