Light Engines For Alephs...

Doug

Enlightened
Does the Sandwich Shoppe still sell light engines? I am looking for the brightest whitest one I can purchase, what would you all suggest? Thanks!

WAVE_PARTICLE

Flashlight Enthusiast
Nowadays, Aleph light engines are about the rarest components you can get. I'm not sure why the Shoppe doesn't make more of these....since there is HUGE demand for them....

Oh well..... if you are lucky enough to snag one, I suggest that you don't be too picky and get them despite the bin on the LED. You can easily change out the LED later to your preferred bin. To me, the whitest and brightest LED would probably be a UW0J(K) or UX0J(K) (slightly cool color temp). Although, now, I'm really taking a liking to UV0J (kind of a creamy white tint).

Good luck with your search! If you find an extra one, feel free to PM me! :grin2:

WP

EDIT: not sure if you know this already, some light engines use different converters, depending on things like your cell-configuration. Do you plan on using this for 1xCR123 or 2xCR123? Things like that. There are also different drive levels......

Last edited:

Doug

Enlightened
WP, well, would like to get one that would work on either 1 or 2 cells, I prefer to use 1 cell, for compactness, but 2 cells usually give you more output (but, then again, if the LE boosts the voltage, that would not be an issue), and the only real brawback with 1 cells is runtime, but as long as I have a 2 stage switch, I am good ;).... I thought it would be nice to have an Aleph LE with a Flupic....

jtice

Flashaholic
... no, the A3 is about the most rare lol

The light engines are due in any time now.
Id say within a week or so. (the kits)

I am after a couple myself.
~John