Anyone have one of these 1xAAA lights from lighthound?

KDOG3

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thinking about getting one or two as "loaner lights". How would they compare to the photon clone keychain lights he sells?

Also, can it run off a lithium?

Oops! It would help if I provided a link...

Aluminum Keychain Lights...

Last edited:

Nyctophiliac

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've got a couple. Not bad, a bit brighter than the original ARC AAA-P. Not exactly outstanding workmanship, seals are a bit loose, finish will scratch and discolour easily, some flicker when used alot in practice. But very cheap and serviceable. Good for kids parties etc.
I did carry it on my keys for a while but I have now reverted to my battered ARC, which remains more reliable overall, as it should be!

Not as bright as the Fauxton keychain light but probably will run a lot longer. Haven't tried it on lithiums - actually, never had AAA lithiums to try in it, but NiMh works fine.

I think there were a few comments on this a while ago in these forums.

Try one, you never know.

Be lucky...

Last edited:

lightningbug

Newly Enlightened
Ganahl Lumber carries a line of lights called "Opto-light", and one of the lights appears identical to the one you query about. I bought several of them for $2.99 each, and they even came with an Alkaline battery.

The light is brighter than my AAA clone and Arc-P of a neighbor. I've had no issues with fit or finish. My tailcap and reflector screw on smoothly and tightly. In fact, I polished the reflector on one I use around the house all the time, and the polished reflector adds more throw. In my opinion, this is a sleeper light, and I love it. It runs for about 3-4 hours with a Nimh battery, and that's just to where the brightness begins to drop off.

I did pull the LED power module out to investigate, and broke the negative contact. A quick solder job repaired it just fine. In normal operation this shouldn't be a problem.

SuperNinja

Enlightened
I bought a few of them from emilion when he was clearancing his old cheap stuff. https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/103757

I like them. They are relatively bright (not as bright as a fauxton though), have a nice smooth satin finish and look well made for the price. (especially since emilions clearance price was $2.00)

Last edited:

abvidledUK

Flashlight Enthusiast
They're absolute rubbish.

The AAA that is, not Lighthound.

Get a keylight instead.

gadgetnerd

Enlightened
I got one from lighthound once instead of the little "fauxtons" he normally packages. They're a joke by the higher standards of people on CPF, but they work OK (work with lithiums) and are perfect for jobs where a good light (CMG Infinity, L0P, Arc etc) is overkill.

Latest posts