XO momentary switch really stiff

MojoLight

Newly Enlightened
Just wondering if anyone else has the same problem with the momentary button on their new (or old) XO. First Inova I've had (so far!) It works fine, but man is it hard to press! I checked out the works and it seems that the switch activates by moving the 123 cells until the positive battery plate (in tailcap) contacts the body. The spring is in the head of the light and I think it could be used as suspension for an old Cadilac! Would really like to weaken or shorten it a bit but can't figure out how to get at it.

Any ideas?

thematrix

Newly Enlightened
My X03 has the same problem. Backing off the tailcap a bit seems to make it easier to press (but at the same time increases the distance needed to make contact).

lightinsky

Enlightened
Just picked up the XO with new reflector from Target and it also has a stiff clickie. The glass lens seems to be polycarbonate plastic doesn't feel like glass such as my T3. When you tap your fingernail on it it makes a platicy sound unlike my T3 which definitely feels like glass. How about anyone else experienced this.

T4R06

Enlightened
same mine.. but it really dont bothered me, to make easier to press with with "momentary", after tighten which makes "constant operation" twist just a little to make the led off. then try push with your index finger gives you a smooth operation

Valpo Hawkeye

Flashlight Enthusiast
X Racer said:
Mines very stiff too... Sometimes it works great and other times its tough to use...

Agreed! Sometimes a simple press will do, other times very firm and sometimes have to play with it to get it to light up. Also when I thread it all the way for constant on, sometimes if I thread it too much the light will turn off. How strange. I'm tempted to call Inova, but I'm hoping it will break in with a little use.

JML

Enlightened
Incredibly difficult press. The spring is far too long and/or strong. I posted about this before... Far more difficult than any other Inova I own.

Inova's reply to an inquiry was a standard warranty note, of no help at all.

MojoLight

Newly Enlightened
So....anyone figure out how to get at that spring???

I unscrewed the bezel and the reflector assembly didn't budge.:naughty:

Anyone know how to take these apart?