Boost???

MojoLight

Newly Enlightened
Are there any Lux 1, 3, or 5's out there with a boost button? I have a Tikka XP headlamp that has a boost button and really like that. Most of the time I don't need to see that far out, and when I do it's just to check for what's ahead.

I know there are lots of multi-power lights out there, but haven't seen anything with a boost type function. I think it would be a great thing in a handheld light.

Ty_Bower

Flashlight Enthusiast
The HDS/NovaTac lights have four programmable settings, one of which is "instantly" available by holding in the button while the light is already one. It functions extremely well as a "boost".

Planterz

Flashlight Enthusiast
There's plenty of 2 or mutli level lights out there, but only a few have a "boost", as you call it. The Surefire L2, although rated as a 100 lumen light with a low mode is really better considered as a long running 15 lumen flood with a "boost" or "burst" high level mode. As mentioned above, a HDS EDC light has a "burst" at any level. Most other lights that have multiple levels/modes will have a "max" level, but not an instantly accessable "boost" like described above, but requre you to cycle through other levels to get to that higher level.