Would buy again and why?

ANW

Newly Enlightened
This may or may not have been brought up before, but if you were to buy a second or third light which you already own, What one's would it include, Mine are as follows:

1. A2-- Great all purpose useful light, LED's for upclose reading,searching and getting around without disturbing others, Incadecent for the times you really need to kick it up a notch because something caught your eye and you need to quickly investigate.

2. U2-- Great multi level LED light with great and useful multi level light output, that makes you wonder if you need another LED light.

3. E2E/E20-- Bright and useful incandecent light especially when outdoors camping,etc.

4. E1E/E1L(kl1)-- Compact bright single cell light that easily slips in a shirt/pants pocket and has a very useful light that's handy when your not in the mood to EDC a bigger two cell light.

5. Dorcy 3w endurable(think that's what it's called,it's a short silver/gun metal grey light)--- Great single cell light that puts out a nice floody and useful light that last for a good long time, and so cheap and affordable everyone should have extras scattered around.

The Last being the most easily found and affordable ($20-$25) will be one I plan to buy and have few extras handy. Well these are my favorites so far, please put yours in the spotlight.:popcorn:

Casual Flashlight User

Flashlight Enthusiast
Inova X5T: Can never have too many of these scattered around the place...great little light (and it's been improved since I bought two original X5T's, so theres another excuse, erm, reason to buy an extra one...or two).

Civictor V1: Because I have an unreasonable affection for this no frills light...cheap as chips, runs off any AA's you care to chuck at it...nice little beater/loaner light...could easily get non-suspecting normal people hooked into the seedy world of flashaholism.

CFU

skalomax

Flashlight Enthusiast
A2!! I Have Seriously Bought At Least 3 But sell them because I want Some Other Lights. I Like it because you dont have to worry about the Luxeon Lottery

firefly99

Enlightened
My choice is similar to yours :

E2D x 2
E1E/E1L(kl1) x 5
G2 x 4
The main reason for getting multiple SF lights, is I like their size to output ratio and rugged bulit.
Having multiple unit of an item, let me keep the 1st unit as shelf queen in mint condition. 2nd unit for EDC and the rest as spare or backup for the EDC.
This let me treat my EDC as tools that will be subjected to routine wear and tear even loss. It also reduce the pain, should I accidentally drop the item and dented it.

Besides the G2 is cheap enough, to have several around the house.

Lee1959

Flashlight Enthusiast
Inova - X1 ( 5 or 6 old and new versions)
X5 (2 latest versions)
X0 (2 Old Version)
X03
These are all great lights and my favs

Ultrafire WF602D - this is a really bright tiny "tactical" light I like for the same reason I like my Kel-Tec P3AT and it makes a nice companion to my X1

Maglight 5 C Cell (2)
Minimag (3) AA and (2) AAA

I would buy the Mags again under the same circumstances I bought them originally, they worked and continue to.

Photon Microlight II's (a dozen or so in various colors between me and my wife)

Last edited:

powernoodle

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have several lights of which I've purchased multiple copies:

- Arc AAA (~15)
- Arc AA (4)
- Arc LS (4)
- Arc LS LitFuse mod (2x)
- Peak AAA (2)
- Inova X5 (2)
- Inova X1 (2)
- Inova Microlight (2x)
- Nuwai Q-III (2)
- Photons (several)
- Streamlight ProPolymer 7LED (2)
- Streamlight ProPolymer Luxeon (2)
- Surefire G2 (3)
- Surefire 6P (3)
- Orb Raw (2)
- Mag85 (2)
- FM 1D Magmod (2)
- Night-Ops Gladius, black (x2)
- HDS EDC Basic 60, U60
- Rechargeable 1M candlepower spotlights (several)
- Fenix L1P (3)
- Fenix P1 (2)

I buy 'em partly because I actually think I will use them, or in order to have a backup if the first one conks, but mostly I've come to realize that its like shooting heroin and each light is another fix.

peace

mikeymoto

Newly Enlightened
1) HDS U60XRGT :sold:
2) McLuxIII-PD :sold:
3) SF U2 (only 18650 capable ones, though) :sold:

:rock:

Maybe others I have not had the pleasure to experience yet.

NutSAK

Flashlight Enthusiast
Huntlight FT-01 - Performace for the price, top-notch build quality, versatility of CR123 or 18650, fits the hand very well. I'm going to be buying several to give as Christmas presents (and not just because I'm cheap).

Fenix L2T
- I just love it. The runtime, the form factor, the two levels. The fact that it runs so well on 2AA NiMh's, but I can run it on 1 CR123 if I want to.

Peak Pacific - Durable, lots of body options, excellent runtime on 1AA lithium. If you like the low setting on the Fenix LxT series, you'll love this light--the light level on one cell is nearly identical, but the tint is better. Just a great all-around EDC light.

Last edited:

nightshade

Enlightened
1.) SF-L2 -wall of light, long runtime in low mode.

2.) SF-A2- excellent lamp life, throw. Decent close quarters light w/leds.

3.) FireFly 3- Small, flexible, simple, bright. Above all, takes a beating, very
durable.

4.) Nightops Gladius- throw and usable spill, long run-times, thermal reg.,
great do all light. Waited too long to purchase this one.

5.) Photon Freedom- great deals on Ebay. Tiny, adjustable, always there.
Long runtime with the 2032 lith button cell. Cyan, red, white, choose
your color.

6.) Arc aaa- tough, tiny, and Miller Mods turns these little toughies into powerhouses.

Too many out of production lights to mention- from McGizmo, Arc, SF, etc.

Flying Turtle

Flashaholic
That's a tough question in light of all the recent improvements with LED lights, in particular, going mainstream. Many of my old favorites are no longer available, but that's not really a bad thing. The new ones coming out are just plain better. There really aren't many that I find stellar enough to buy another, instead of just waiting a week for that newer and better one. I think I can count on one hand the number of different lights of which I have duplicates. I have two RR 2AAA's, but only because I really prefered a black one. There's some extra Energizer Folding Lanterns and Accent Lights, but I put them in a different class from flashlights. Probably the only newer ones that I might consider duplicating are the Civictor and that controversial little E0, blue beam and all. Why? Because they do a good job and are cheap. I prefer to save my money for that new stuff right around the corner.

Geoff

TigerhawkT3

Flashlight Enthusiast
I liked the FavourLight HLX-712L headlight that I bought another two. When trying to actually set up camp, headlights are absolutely invaluable. I found the FL to be the best value for the features available.

Casual Flashlight User

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sheesh, be nice if I could afford a first McLuxIII-PD and an SF U2 to begin with...
rant.gif

A few emergency fall back HDS's lights would be sweet as well, but I'd have to replace both of mine and that would probably pay for a U2 or a new HDS U85 when it comes out.

Good call on the FT-01 as well NS...wonderful light for the money...mine rides in my coat pocket every day.

So many good lights out there...so little cash to buy them with!

CFU

gadgetnerd

Enlightened
I've never actually bought two identical lights (but have bought variations on the theme, eg Fenix), but I do sometimes think about having one shelf queen and one regularly used light for my favourites. So if money was not an option I'd probably get more than one of:

HDS EDC. I have B42 but they're not available any more. The chances of ruining a light are directly proportional to how much you like it, and I really like my HDS!

Fenix L2P. This is my bike light and sooner or later it will literally bite the dust (or asphalt)

Streamlight Propoly Lux. Such a useful torch, I really should have several: a few around the house and shed, one for the car, one for the shelf.

Most of the other torches I own are either easily and cheaply replaceable (eg most Fenixes), or I don't feel that strongly about.

atm

Enlightened
Gladius - I like the build quality, reliability, beam profile and brightness, but best of all is the exceptionally well thought out controls/UI. The ability to use it single-handedly with such speed and ease is a huge plus to me.

Fire~Fly III - So small and easy to EDC yet so versatile. The beam pattern is perfect for the way I use it. Long runtime on most often used levels but great output on burst when needed. Uses rechargeables and if necessary primaries with a bit less output. Design and build quality that makes it a pleasure to have and use.

Andrew

leukos

Flashlight Enthusiast
I don't have too many duplicates, but I do have 3 A2's, 2 Inova X5's, and 2 CMG Infinities. I think I would have liked another U60xrgt, but maybe I'll just pick up one of the new HDS/Novatac offerings. :)

ringzero

Flashlight Enthusiast
ANW said:
This may or may not have been brought up before, but if you were to buy a second or third light which you already own, What one's would it include

Mag:
-2C, have 3.
-2D, have 2.
-Solitaire 1AAA, currently have 6.
-MiniMag 2AA, currently have 2.
-MiniMag 2AAA, currently have 2.
-MiniMag LED 2AA, have 1 and will definitely buy more.
(Have bought more of these Mag models over the years, but they were lost or stolen.)

Inova:
-X1 1AA, have one and will buy more.

Streamlight:
-Enduro 2AAA, have 2, will probably buy more.
-PP 4AA Lux, have 1, will definitely buy more.

Roccomo

Enlightened
HDS EDC and Surefire e1 GM.

Constantly wowed by the cool factor/practicality/usefulness of the HDS and am currently struggling over whether I need one more before they are gone forever. The Surefire is just a great pocket sized light.

Planterz

Flashlight Enthusiast
HDS U60(XRGT). My EDC light, no contenders. With an Arc4 clip it's a great carry light, immensily useful, and built like a brick. The PEU tritium SS bezel makes it perfect. Yeah, I still like my McLux PD III, but the HDS is just so much more useful.

McLux PD III. No, I don't carry it nearly as much as my HDS, but it's still a damn fine light. Just plain sexy.

Surefire A2. No explaination necessary.

CR2 Ion. I carried an Al-bronze one for a long time, but it's heft made me want a lighter version. So I bought a blue one, and it's worn down and looks like hell (still functions perfectly though). I want a Ti one. So this isn't just a light that I'd buy again, it's one I'd buy 3 times. It's the perfect complimentary keychain light to your regular EDC light.