Any idea what song is this?

Joel

Newly Enlightened
I'm pretty sure it's "Lux Aeterna" from "Requiem of a Dream" soundtrack album. The movie came out in 2000.

Last edited:

Omega Man

Flashlight Enthusiast
The version on Requiem for a Dream is done by Kronos Quartet, and I think the whole album is done by them. It's slower and doesn't have a full orchestra.
I've heard this full symphonic version on a billion movie trailers (Kind of like everyone using James Horner's track from the movie Aliens) and still can't figure out who did it.

Illum

Flashaholic
I found it...

Clint Mansell's album Requiem For A Dream The Remix Project
Track 21 - Lux Aeterna (Full Orchestral Remix)

It was supposedly used on lord of the rings...I cant prove that part until I watch the triology again..

Omega Man

Flashlight Enthusiast
That's definatly one of the trailers I had in mind.
If you liked the OST for Requiem, the remixed album is cool. It's done in an electronica style.
Ok, just check the OST, and track 32 Lux Aeterna is not the full orchestra version.
And the copy I have of the remix album only has 20 tracks. It's this one:
http://www.cduniverse.com/search/xx...iem+For+A+Dream:+The+Remix+Project+(2002).htm
Illum, where did you find a cd with that extra track?

Illum

Flashaholic
Omega Man said:
That's definatly one of the trailers I had in mind.
If you liked the OST for Requiem, the remixed album is cool. It's done in an electronica style.
Ok, just check the OST, and track 32 Lux Aeterna is not the full orchestra version.
And the copy I have of the remix album only has 20 tracks. It's this one:
http://www.cduniverse.com/search/xx/music/pid/5278854/a/Requiem+For+A+Dream:+The+Remix+Project+(2002).htm
Illum, where did you find a cd with that extra track?

I um...dont have the CD, it was named like that when I went look for it via limewire