Last Tri-lux question

van1

Newly Enlightened
Thanks to all that have been kind enough to help me out, I have been asking alot of questions regarding my Trilux build up and have one last one. I thought I was going to use UXOJ stars with the Fatman and 6AAs. I was just wondering if there is a better Vf to use than the J ? I'm not sure if it matters with the Fatman, but I would like the best runtime/brightness possible.
thanks,
Keith

Long John

Flashlight Enthusiast
For longer runtime with less brightness you can go with LuxI, f.e. SXOH, and drive them at about 400mA against to the 900mA of the U-bins. U--H's are not avaiable at the moment.

I prefer the U-bins, so at last it's your decision. You can go with 2 brightness levels for max brightness and long runtime.

Best regards

____
Tom

glockboy

Flashlight Enthusiast
That's the best setup you got there. The UXOH is better but they didn't make it yet.
With the Fatman, set it at 1 amp, it's very bright.
I got 3 TWOJ.

rscanady

Enlightened
If you are using 6 AA setup in series then the three Luxeons should also be wired in series, with a J Vf, the combined Vf would ~10 volts, and with an input voltage of 6x1.5 (alkies), thats about 9 volts unloaded. Also if you wire them in parallel and run at spec that would mean you would have to source about 2100 mA to the setup from the Fatman and batteries. By keeping them in a series the fatman will boost your ~ volts to the required Vf and then the string would use 700mA, which probably means somewhere around 1000mA draw from the battery source which makes much more sense for AA batteries especially alkies, they would not be able to handle a 2100mA.

Ryan