YOUR FLASHAHOLIC NIGHTMARE.

EricMack

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well, indirectly but certainly affecting and probably curing my flashaholism permanently would be my lovely wife stumbling upon the PP history...:sweat: :xyxgun:

nerdgineer

Flashlight Enthusiast
Taking a shower in a hotel room at night when there's a power failure. No room light, no daylight, no familiarity with floor plan, and EDC somewhere in the next room.

shifty646

Newly Enlightened
When the creditors stop calling, and they come to repossess all of your lights........... :lolsign:

Illum

Flashaholic
you set your edc on the desk, gone to do something on the other side of the desk, someone informs you someone else needed to borrow your edc for a minute, and in a office of 100 you dont know who it was

D@rk Messenger

Enlightened
Maglite phasing out every flashlight company and sticking with their incans (old el cheapo incans):duck: (or someone asking "is that a maglite? I told you they were the best!!"). The sky is falling!!!

Sub_Umbra

Flashlight Enthusiast
Mine would be some weird set of circumstances that causes me to not have the lights I planned on having in an emergency, where I really need them. That's how it starts.

Casual Flashlight User

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm in a building/train...the power goes out, lights go off, women are screaming and children crying...I'm about to pull out one of flashlights and shout "don't panic folks I've got it under control"
buttrock.gif

As I'm about to do this some sod powers up his Megaray and illuminates the entire area whilst stealing my thunder and moment of glory.
mad.gif

CFU

AlexGT

Flashlight Enthusiast
Having dead batteries in my light in a real emergency, thats why I always carry several and some spare batteries.

AlexGT

Icebreak

Flashlight Enthusiast
The modders don't want to deal with the commercial side and the population fades. Then Sasha has her fill of angular propositioins, commercial special cases, bitchin' and moaning parties and just decides to pull the plug...just pulls the plug. Poof.

Last edited:

Canuke

Enlightened
nerdgineer said:
Taking a shower in a hotel room at night when there's a power failure. No room light, no daylight, no familiarity with floor plan, and EDC somewhere in the next room.

Same scenario, but your EDC is in the next STATE (because you forgot it).

yuandrew

Flashlight Enthusiast
Some of my flashlight dreams involve turning on a "good" light but getting very little or no light comming out as if the light had dead batteries or a weak bulb that produces very little light (< 2 lumens) :rant:

There were a few occasions where the light would appear to work normally but dosen't seem to throw out any light or illuminate the object is pointed at. :huh2:

Worst nightmare ? Probably your bulb insta-flashes right when you turn it on.

Last edited:

jboydjr

Newly Enlightened
Either between (1) power outage during daylight, but even more horrendous (2) the sound of my torch (somewhere in the U2 range) smacking a concrete floor. Oh...the pain! Of course, it would not be too cool to be sans EDC when needed, as at my age, I occasionally forget to bring my survival bag (lol).

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
Knowing one of your custom flashlights ended up going in the garbage can (dustbin), knowing there's no hope or possibility of obtaining a replacement, regardless of the cost. :shakehead:

Yes, this has actually happened to me - my McLux Black Widow went bye-bye this way in early-October 2004. :( :mad: :green: :shakehead: :green: :mad: :(

Last edited: