Is My New A2 with Longer Pocket Clip Old or New Style?

PseudoFed

Enlightened
Got an A2 today at Cabelas, and the price tag has a 7.12.06 date on it. It has the longer pocket clip like the E2L, versus the shorter clip like the E2E. On the Surefire website I see both clip lengths in pics.

Did I get an earlier or later design change with the longer clip?

Thanks,
Jeff.

Last edited:

Delvance

Enlightened
There were two versions with the long clips though. A flat four sided body and the newer three round sided body. The newest A2 is three round sides with a long clip.

PseudoFed

Enlightened
Yes, mine as three "rounded" sides versus 4 flat sides. Whew! I would HATE not having the latest and greatest, at least for awhile....:cool:

marxs

Enlightened
just personal preference but i like the old 4 sided body...it looks/feels so slim, hard to imagine thats how the A2 felt when i first saw it in person compared to pictures on the web.

mark

Illum

Flashaholic
marxs said:
just personal preference but i like the old 4 sided body...it looks/feels so slim, hard to imagine thats how the A2 felt when i first saw it in person compared to pictures on the web.

mark

the blown-up pictures of the A2 on the web makes me think of it as a 2D light...when I recieved it was a :wtf: moment, its not as bright as the P60 LAs :awman: but its definitely brighter than a typical 4D flashlight:grin2:

LawLight

Enlightened
Illum:

the A2 will grow on you, fairly quickly. You will come to use it everyday for a wide variety of tasks. You won't regret getting it. The initial "wow" factor isn't there, mainly because it offers just good light for nearly all circumstances. You can still whip out the Hotwire for the Shock & Awe effect if you need it.

Law

marxs

Enlightened
i havent had the chance to try out a P60/P61 LA but i assure you after a couple of minutes the A2 will be brighter....can you say REGULATED??? :grin2:

for me the wow factor wasnt even the light, it was the size and slimness, i thought it would have been bigger and a bit bulkier based on pictures. i was surprised how small the head was.

mark