which surefires have soft start and are regulated

Grox

Flashlight Enthusiast
Of the SF incan lights, only the A2 is regulated and has soft start. The A2 is the only SF light with Willie Hunt's LVR. The LVR provides both the aformentioned features.

marxs

Enlightened
another one is the M6-R...though its not really a surefire standard, but at least it is regulated. 500 lumens at 40 minutes or so :rock:

mark

SCblur

Enlightened
BigBaller said:
Whats soft start?

It refers to a feature in the regulation circuitry that ramps up the voltage to the incan bulb, as opposed to shocking it with a burst of voltage all at once. When bulbs start to age, they are most likely to burn out when first being turned on from a cold state. The soft start reduces the shock to the bulb, therefore prolonging the life of the bulb. That's how I, with my very limited expertise, understand it. Anybody who knows better is free to correct me.

wquiles

Flashaholic
BigBaller said:
Whats soft start?
Look in my sig for a test of a soft start circuit that Andrew Wynn and I worked on. That post not only explains but also shows scope shots of the soft start in action ;)

Will

TinderBox (UK)

Flashlight Enthusiast
It`s not easy to find space to fit a circuit in a lot of incan flashlights.

a lot of mods use maglites, but i guess it would require a non-standard battery.

regards.

John.

Last edited:

MSaxatilus

Flashlight Enthusiast
another one is the M6-R...though its not really a surefire standard, but at least it is regulated. 500 lumens at 40 minutes or so :rock:

mark

Just a correction to what Mark said, the M6-R puts out 500 lumens using the MN21 HOLA for 19 minutes, regulated.

The M6-R will drive the MN20 LOLA for 38 minutes at 250 lumens.

Its an amazing device and a must have for any M6 owner. Just didn't want to overstate the claims.

MSax

lebox97

Enlightened
and the SF M6 w/ AWR HDM6 standard pack with a Philips 5671/Osram64275 should run about 1,200+ lumens for 30+ min regulated and soft start! :huh: :grin2:
(once it's available of course)

Latest posts