Looking for 1 or 2 AA/AAA headlamp (prefer 1 cell)

Spordin

Enlightened
Some of the headlamp reviews on flashlightreviews.com are a bit dated, so I'm wondering...

Would love a 1 AA or 1 AAA headlamp, but don't know if they're made. If not, then a 2 AA/AAA would be acceptable if:

--Decent output (matter of opinion)
--Blue tint LED not preferred
--Good runtime (5+ hrs)
--Rugged (outdoor use)
--Lightweight/comfortable/easy to use

Suggestions? Price not a major consideration, but under $75 preferred.

scott

Enlightened
I don't think you'll find a 1AA or1AAA headlamp, but IF you do, I very much doubt that it will have the same brightness/runtime/regulation as you'll find in a Fenix E1 or LOP. But--this is just an opinion as I haven't looked at headlamps since purchacing a first generation Tikka. Instead, I use a 1AAA light clipped to the brim of a ball cap. I got the clip from Brinkmann's website. At first it was an Arc AAA, then a Peak, and now a Fenix E1. Look for theads on the Fenix E1 and Fenix LOP. The E1 with lithiums will give you almost six hour a regulated light. The LOP is brighter at the cost of significant runtime. I don't think you'll find a 1AA or 1AAA headlamp. But even if you can, an E1 or LOP with a clip will probably work better (and look less dorky, too.)

Scott

Spordin

Enlightened
Thanks Scott, I like your photos.

There are a few 1 cell headlamps on FLR, but they're older models. The idea for the hat clip is a good one, and I have an Arc-P and CMG I.U. with clips on them. Adequate light, great runtime (esp. the I.U.). The only problem with that kind of carry is if you're walking through thick woods at night (which I do), branches can knock the light askew or even off the hat.

Am also hoping to add a headlamp system, but need decent output and good runtime for long hikes in the bush. And I want to use as few batteries as possible. Maybe I'm asking too much?

BlackDecker

Enlightened
I'd recommend the River Rock 2AAA headlamp available at Target (also known as the Streamlight Enduro headlamp). $14.99

But since you said no blue tints...