Fenix P2 (2 x CR123) - Will we ever see it?

p1fiend

Newly Enlightened
Anyone else hoping for a 2 x CR123 version of the P1?

I love thin, smooth lights like the Fenixs and Inova X5: no ridges or highspots. I edc the P1, but come winter, it would be nice to have a little larger size light to put into my coat.

A P2 would be:

Easier to hold and use (although I have no problems with the P1)
Longer runtime.
Possibly even greater throw and output?

Casual Flashlight User

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'd buy one...don't need one, but that doesn't really matter does it?
smile.gif

Yeah, I think I'd really like to see one of them.
buttrock.gif

CFU

Pumaman

Flashlight Enthusiast
with 2 stage twistie!

there is another fenix request thread floating around

x2x3x2

Banned
I think Fenix should work with a new style multistage.
I think a twisty 2 stage lacks a certain accuracy feel.

1. Could use a circuit like the LRI Photon Freedom or X Light. Wouldn't cost much i think since the whole X Light costs only $5.99. Just ad the micro controller to the Fenix driver circuit board.

2. A ring like the U2, or switch like the Streamlight Night Com.

daveman

Enlightened
I would be more interested in a two stage P1, no need for 2 cells. Iif anything, i want to see a U2 competitor/clone from P1. A two/three stage Luxeon V.

Casual Flashlight User

Flashlight Enthusiast
I like the stark simplicity of the P1...if I was to buy a "P2" it would have to be exactly the same as a P1 (with the addition of a few centimetres in length obviously).

CFU

ciam

Newly Enlightened
daveman said:
I would be more interested in a two stage P1, no need for 2 cells. Iif anything, i want to see a U2 competitor/clone from P1. A two/three stage Luxeon V.

Yeah, I like U2's features very much but balk at its price. A direct competitor from Fenix would be a gift from Heaven.

yekim

Enlightened
I'd love a 2 stage P1. That would be beautiful...clean simple, twist on to get low, twist a little more to get "high"...That would be awesome. I don't really see a point in adding another battery to the mix.

I need another single 123s light anyhow to take advantage of BatteryStation's 123 seconds for cheap.

gadgetnerd

Enlightened
I'd also like to see a 2 stage P1 over a 2 cell P2.

Would the P2 take RCR123s? I have no problem with RCR123s per se, but always worry a little about the potential for problems unless you put a pair of perfectly matched RCR123s in there.

damon

Newly Enlightened
if they are reading this
plz make the P2 as compact as posible able to take 18650 & 2xR123
buttrock.gif

Last edited:

Martini

Enlightened
It would be very interesting to see Fenix cross over into SF territory. I'm sure Fenix would try to keep the price under $100 U.S. It would probably end up a two- or three-stage light, which is fine with me.

If (when) Fenix does come out with a 2x123 light, I would really like to see it run on an 18650 or 17670 without losing more than a few lumens. This feature alone would draw a lot of CPFers (including the SF crowd) to it.