Inova X5T?

anthroPelexis

Newly Enlightened
What is the difference between the Inova X5 and the X5T? Also, how bright are they? Anybody recomend a good site to purchase one (I want either one, but want to know what the difference is first)

Thanks all!

Casual Flashlight User

Flashlight Enthusiast
The Inova X5 was the first version of this light, it was activated by twisting the head, it was then upgraded to the X5T which is activated by twisting the tail end or pressing the button for "Tactical" momentary on, the X5T has also been upgraded to a model with better LED's (X5T 2nd generation).

When people refer to the "X5" they are generally talking about the X5T (1st & 2nd generation) as you cannot buy the "original" X5 anymore.

Old X5 with round body, grooves and twisty head...

http://www.flashlightreviews.com/reviews/inova_x5.htm

New X5T (1st & 2nd gen) with flat, six sided body and twisty tailcap

http://www.flashlightreviews.com/reviews/inova_x5t.htm

Lighthound is one of the best sites to buy any flashlights from...top bloke...

http://www.lighthound.com/sales/inova_x-series_flashlights.htm

CFU

Casual Flashlight User

Flashlight Enthusiast
The latest generation of X5's is called the X5 on the packaging. While it may be true that they are X5T's, it appears that Inova has now dropped the moniker.

Jeez...I wish they'd make their minds up!
crazy.gif

CFU

Sub_Umbra

Flashlight Enthusiast
INOVA sells a lot of lights and they're good lights -- but I think their naming conventions are crazy. Look at the X1. They changed the X1 to the point where it has none of the properties of the original -- just the name! Go figure.

woodrow

Flashlight Enthusiast
Target really is the best place to buy one-if there is one close to you. You can test them through the package and choose the brightest if there is any variation.

As to brightness, you should be able to see some beamshots if you search old threads, but basicly it produces a nice even flood perfect for close range lighting. By close range, I mean up to 25 feet.

Lee1959

Flashlight Enthusiast
INOVA sells a lot of lights and they're good lights -- but I think their naming conventions are crazy. Look at the X1. They changed the X1 to the point where it has none of the properties of the original -- just the name! Go figure.

Oh I completely agree, I love Inovas, but they can be confusing. The X1 is a good example and just look at my favorite light the X0, the old version!! The new version bears no resemblance to the old X0 in style or function of beam, it is a completley new product. HOWEVER they retained the old X0 and it is now called the X02 (with a slightly larger led). Insanity...