K1 Head SURPRISED

Coop57

Enlightened
I put a K1 head on my SF e2e to save $ on batts. Boy was I surprised. I had remembered reading good review of it at http://www.flashlightreviews.com/reviews/surefire_kl1gen2.htm . My surprise came when I tested the throw in my backyard. The K1 has more throw than the original incandescent MN3 lamp. Side spill is minimal and the tint is very minimal. The only thing that I am suspect of is the convex lamp lens seems very exposed. I read that it is made of pyrex glass. How durable is this lens?

Last edited:

The Porcupine

Enlightened
The KL1 head is great!:rock: I have had my my E1L (also with a KL1 head) in daily use for something like a year now. Always in a pocket, sometimes with and sometimes w/o the F04 beamshaper. There's not a scratch on the lens, so I think it's safe to say it's durable!

AtomSphere

Enlightened
Pyrex is extremely scratch resistance. But it still can chip or break during an extreme impact. Its more durable than normal glass

DUQ

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just got a second E2L today and was also surprised by the throw it had. The square beam is also a nice change, just for being different.

lrp

Flashlight Enthusiast
Add a F04 beamshaper and you will have a really nice floodly light!

Coop57

Enlightened
I put on my F04 diffuser and it makes a nice even flood. I was surprised that the F04 fit, the K1 head looks bigger than the stock e2e head.

270winchester

Flashlight Enthusiast
Coop57 said:
I put on my F04 diffuser and it makes a nice even flood. I was surprised that the F04 fit, the K1 head looks bigger than the stock e2e head.

it's a rubber diffuser so it would stretch and fit. But don't be suprised if the F04 gets too loose to be used on the E2e if you use it alot on the KL1.

xaman

Newly Enlightened
Hey guys, hate to hijack the thread --- does anyone have any beamshots w/the diffuser on?