i gotta ask again

cheapo

Flashlight Enthusiast
for a while i'v been looking for a light that fit into these categories: uses 1xr123, uses reflector, clicky, clip, 2 stages, over 50 lumens, ha3, and reasonably priced (and preferably not mods)... i see hds 60, but runime seems a little low on high, and then i see the jetbeam mk2 with cr123 body, but it lacks a clip. any others?

-david

cslinger

Enlightened
Over 50 lumens on 1x123 is going to give you a reasonably short runtime. I don't think there is any way around that short of a breakthrough in battery tech.

Sounds to me like the HDS is just about your best bet.

elgarak

Flashlight Enthusiast
Seems to me that you havn't taken fully in the flashaholics trinity: Small size, long runtime, very bright. Pick two.

I second cslinger's assessment.

Blindasabat

Flashlight Enthusiast
I agree with the previous posters: the HDS runtime on 60 lumens is probably as good as you are going to get. If you only want 50 or fewer lumens though, you can set it to level 2 (42 lumens) or less 90 % of the time and it will last a lot longer.

Also, if you are choosing between (or even mention) two lights, the CPF motto is Buy Both! [there should be a smiley for that] I guess :sold::sold: is the closest thing.

<edit> found another one: :takeit::takeit:
or:broke:

<second edit> OR, see my new Avatar! :rock::naughty: :laughing:

Last edited:

Badbeams3

Flashlight Enthusiast
You guy`s have to remember who you are dealing with :) Buy a clip for the Jetbeam...can`t think of any thing cheaper Cheapo.

Blindasabat

Flashlight Enthusiast
Badbeams said:
You guy`s have to remember who you are dealing with :) Buy a clip for the Jetbeam...can`t think of any thing cheaper Cheapo.

Ha ha, For real cheap a bent piece of steel with a hole in the right place and a 1/4 inch screw to attach it to the tripod mount hole. Should be easy...

No offense Cheapo, we are just joking!

cheapo

Flashlight Enthusiast
yeah... well, after buying my u2, i am afraid i gotta change my name now :) i am basically looking for something like my amilite but with a wee bit more throw (larger reflector) and a clicky (2 stage)... sheesh, i'm asking for a lot, but i'm sure eventually one will come along.

-David

ViReN

Flashlight Enthusiast
Peak Carrabian, Fenix P1 and McGizmo PD... they all are around 45 - 50 Lumens.... and do last for more than a hour...

U Choose :)

PD is your best bet.. it has 2 stages

cheapo

Flashlight Enthusiast
i wonder how an l2t head on a cr123 body with an r123 would do in terms of output.

-David

lightningbug

Newly Enlightened
cheapo said:
i wonder how an l2t head on a cr123 body with an r123 would do in terms of output.

-David

I've only found a Juice brand unprotected R123 will fit in the 123 body. I'm hesitant to use a 3.6v battery since when freshly charged, the voltage can reach 4.2V. I'm more inclined to use a 3.0V R123, but as far as I know, none will fit the 123 body.

Using a primary gives decent runtime results of 2-3 hours on high, and 10-12 on low. YMMV.

cheapo

Flashlight Enthusiast
i'm looking for sheer output...

all i want is a 2 stage 3w light with output comparable to the amilite with a clicky, using r123s, and a bigger reflector.... is it that much to ask?

-David