7-Eleven dropping Venezuela-backed Citgo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lebkuecher

Flashlight Enthusiast
I am happy to hear this, for someone to come into our country and to make the statements that Chavez did seemed to be a stupid thing to do. I personally will not support Citgo. BTW I've received several emails calling for a boycott of Citgo. Link

Chris_Medico

Newly Enlightened
Lebkuecher said:
I am happy to hear this, for someone to come into our country and to make the statements that Chavez did seemed to be a stupid thing to do. I personally will not support Citgo. BTW I've received several emails calling for a boycott of Citgo. Link

It was not because of the comments though. 7-11 is taking the oppurtunity to play it up for their own gains as any company would in such a position. They were planning to drop Citgo for more than a year. This kind of stuff takes MUCH longer than a few weeks to pull off.

Chris

gorn

Enlightened
I am glad to see them cutting ties with Venezuala. The President of Venezuala reminds me of a small dog yapping at someones heals. Real tough sounding, but if you stopped and faced it it would pee all over it's self while running away.

I have not spent any money in a 7-11 since right after our invasion of Afghanistan. The local 7-11 is owned by Arabs (big suppise). They were flying the U.S. Flag upside down and refused to change it. Since this is the USA they by default have our freedom of speach. So I exercised my freedom of financial support and go to circle K.

BIGIRON

Flashlight Enthusiast
Both 7/11 and Circle K have been planning a switch from their Citgo suppliers for quite awhile (when current contracts expire). We have a Citgo refinery here and this has been common knowledge. Has nothing to do with politics or Chavez -- just business dollars.

A good PR lick for 7/11 tho..

xochi

Flashlight Enthusiast
The Citgo stations in the Atlanta area are generally speaking the absolute bottom of the barrel as far as convenience stores go. Dirty and disgusting, not all of course but these stores seem to cater to every vice one might come up with. I'm preparing myself not to be shocked if I see them begin selling hypodermic needles, of course they would likely have a small plastic rose inside of them and be sold as "novelties".

Empath

Flashaholic
I'm sure everyone feels they have a right to say what they have..... and you do.
I'm also sure others feel they have a right to challange what you've said.... and they do.

You'll just have to find another place to do it.

Thread closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.