L2T buzzing?

AtomSphere

Enlightened
I had heard of gladius and other lights produce a buzzing sound before but to my knowledge, had not known the L2T to do so.

Its normal right? Its weird cuz i owned my L2T for 2 weeks and only knowtised the buzzing today

Concept

Flashlight Enthusiast
I will go and listen to mine and tell you what I find.....

It wasn't buzzing hi or low but it did say that it would like to be stored in the lounge room with bit of a veiw rather then under the bedside table, to dusty under there.

Illum

Flashaholic
the buzzing might be the inductor working at initial start up, I heard A2 and gladius lights have this also...personally I can verify the A2 buzzes quite a bit on xenon actually...Im sure its normal unless someone can inform me on it...

:anyone:

yekim

Enlightened
I had a L2T on low in each ear....nothing, nada, zip, zero....and my kid was looking at me funny, happy now? :)

AtomSphere

Enlightened
yekim said:
I had a L2T on low in each ear....nothing, nada, zip, zero....and my kid was looking at me funny, happy now? :)
:laughing: thanks man. Wish your kids a good flasholicHOOD

Maybe i suddenly became superhuman:grin2:

Last edited:

AtomSphere

Enlightened
I tried it with my mum, she says she heard nothing. Oh well, then i guess my hearing just got better then.......

Thats a good thing

Coop57

Enlightened
No buzzing on low. No buzzing on high. Then I thought that if I got buzzed I might be able to better hear the buzz. Faulty buzz logic on my part. Now I'm buzzed but my L2T is buzzless.

TigerhawkT3

Flashlight Enthusiast
On low, in complete quiet, my L2T buzzes. I'd never heard it before. In addition to my L2T, my FL 712L, Argo HP, and Gladius buzz. The Argo HP is by far the loudest, the 712L is noticable with little effort, and the Gladius is very nearly silent (I could barely hear it).

I don't mean to offend anyone, but it could be that some of you can't hear your lights buzzing because you're too old. The buzz is a very high frequency, and those are usually the first to "go." One retail store somewhere used high-frequency noise as a teenager-repellant so that the older patrons could shop in peace. You can download a cell phone ringtone of a high-pitched buzz, so that only teenagers can hear the ring (and older people, such as some teachers, for example, cannot).

yekim

Enlightened
............................and around the world, there are grown men stuffing 3 watt flashlights into their ears......................